Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 373 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Are they the same people crying that paid 400k over today's house prices when they bought a few months ago?

Welcome to the market.....
Yeah a big difference renewing your mortgage and buying a house.

Although I’m still a lot PO at the rates

Same as houses. Buyers and sellers both want to win in either direction. Contracts should either lock in a price or float the price. Contracts that only allow movement in one direction are no bueno.
Yup. I actually agree with Elon on this one.

Can’t have it both ways kids.

Although I’m curious what happens to the pricing of the cars that are in transit to their buyers.

I wonder if any of those unhappy buyers are actually flippers who were hoping to buy a new car, drive it for a few months, and still sell it for a profit. That won't be possible any more now that supply is not as restricted.

I wonder if any of those unhappy buyers are actually flippers who were hoping to buy a new car, drive it for a few months, and still sell it for a profit. That won't be possible any more now that supply is not as restricted.
it is if it's a G Wagon. :D

I’m sure there’s a few of those.

Yup. I actually agree with Elon on this one.

Can’t have it both ways kids.

Although I’m curious what happens to the pricing of the cars that are in transit to their buyers.
Cars that haven't been delivered got a price change.

Cars that haven't been delivered got a price change.
Good, otherwise I'm sure it'd be all cancellations and re-purchases.

My cousin in Australia said his price went down as he waits for his Y. But it's the same price as before the regular increases during COVID.

Good, otherwise I'm sure it'd be all cancellations and re-purchases.

My cousin in Australia said his price went down as he waits for his Y. But it's the same price as before the regular increases during COVID.
pretty much. right back to square 1 pricing. my guess is that all cars are going to be heading in that direction as we've seen with everything else (ie: houses, luxury goods, crypto, etc). Tesla is just more noticeable as one of the firsts because of their lack of dealers, high margins and supply.

pretty much. right back to square 1 pricing. my guess is that all cars are going to be heading in that direction as we've seen with everything else (ie: houses, luxury goods, crypto, etc). Tesla is just more noticeable as one of the firsts because of their lack of dealers, high margins and supply.
I'm wondering if this now puts some downward pressure on the competitors.

If a M3 was 70-75k, and the Ioniq 5 is 55k...what happens once an M3 is now 55k as the base...does that mean that Ioniq / Ford / KIA / etc start to lower pricing to ensure they're still a viable alternative to Tesla?

I'm wondering if this now puts some downward pressure on the competitors.

If a M3 was 70-75k, and the Ioniq 5 is 55k...what happens once an M3 is now 55k as the base...does that mean that Ioniq / Ford / KIA / etc start to lower pricing to ensure they're still a viable alternative to Tesla?
I wouldn't count on much movement. Tesla had a lot of margin to play with (higher price and longer since start of production to gain production efficiency and squeeze suppliers). Unless Tesla can quickly fill all the 55K orders, there will be people that are happy with Hyundai to get it sooner. I could seen hyundai coming down a bit (assuming they start to have inventory sitting in stock) but I don't expect a lot of movement.

I wouldn't count on much movement. Tesla had a lot of margin to play with (higher price and longer since start of production to gain production efficiency and squeeze suppliers). Unless Tesla can quickly fill all the 55K orders, there will be people that are happy with Hyundai to get it sooner. I could seen hyundai coming down a bit (assuming they start to have inventory sitting in stock) but I don't expect a lot of movement.
Teslas capacity and inventory are higher than demand (which is why the price cuts). They overestimated the demand and market.
You can actually buy without ordering at this point.
Every other EV not the case. Last I checked, most are still backordered at least a year ahead (EV6, MachE, etc).

Should convert some people that now look at the price and availability but again the Tesla hate and misinformation is pretty strong.

Teslas capacity and inventory are higher than demand (which is why the price cuts). They overestimated the demand and market.
You can actually buy without ordering at this point.
Every other EV not the case. Last I checked, most are still backordered at least a year ahead (EV6, MachE, etc).

Should convert some people that now look at the price and availability but again the Tesla hate and misinformation is pretty strong.
How's it work with Tesla and trade-ins as they don't have traditional dealerships?

I'm super tempted to look into it now with the reduced price, and the M3 standard range would fit my needs 100% in terms of range and size.

While I'm no fan of Musk, can't deny that Tesla is the strongest contender in the EV space.

How's it work with Tesla and trade-ins as they don't have traditional dealerships?

I'm super tempted to look into it now with the reduced price, and the M3 standard range would fit my needs 100% in terms of range and size.

While I'm no fan of Musk, can't deny that Tesla is the strongest contender in the EV space.
all online. you take a few pics and they get back to you with an offer. trade-ins only last 30days. Just bring car and ownership when you take delivery.
I haven't actually traded in yet so I'm not sure how the handover works (how stringent inspection is, haggling, etc.)
from what I've seen, their trade-in values are same or lower than other dealers and wholesale prices.

all online. you take a few pics and they get back to you with an offer. trade-ins only last 30days. Just bring car and ownership when you take delivery.
I haven't actually traded in yet so I'm not sure how the handover works (how stringent inspection is, haggling, etc.)
from what I've seen, their trade-in values are same or lower than other dealers and wholesale prices.
I'm assuming they auction everything? Wholesale minus auction fee as the offer? With a normal dealer, a three-way trade could work to dodge the tax and get the car to a dealer that wanted it but tesla isnt known for flexibility so I dont know if they'd entertain that option.

Back
Top Bottom