Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 371 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

More options (vaporware?) on two wheels. Range seems optimistic. Maybe possible as zero is saying 169 miles out of 15.6 kWh but I'd still be surprised if it hits the street with these numbers.

The streetfighter-inspired design encapsulates an electric motor that produces 135 bhp of peak power and 850 Nm of torque. The self-developed synchronous AC motor is mounted directly on the rear wheel of the motorcycle. DC100 features a 17.7 kWh battery pack and weighs 562 lbs (255 kg).

DC100 boasts of a 0-60 mph (0-100km/h) time of three seconds and delivers a top speed of 124 mph (200 km/h). The range of the motorcycle is pegged at 247 miles (400 kilometers), which is an NEDC-rated figure. And, it just takes half an hour to fully replenish its batteries using level 3 DC fast-charging stations.

^ All of the above is why you only use DC fast-chargers as a last resort, and only to the minimum extent necessary!

My real-world scenario is 15,000 km and counting without having to use one. (I plugged into a Flo charger at a Canadian Tire in Stratford for 15 minutes at one point, not because I had to, but rather because I wanted to make sure it actually worked at some point ...)

^ All of the above is why you only use DC fast-chargers as a last resort, and only to the minimum extent necessary!

My real-world scenario is 15,000 km and counting without having to use one. (I plugged into a Flo charger at a Canadian Tire in Stratford for 15 minutes at one point, not because I had to, but rather because I wanted to make sure it actually worked at some point ...)
which only highlights again how niche EVs are with the current infrastructure options. Nice to see the OEM's roll out the options, them going mass pro across the board will mean the prices can start to come down but..where you gonna plug it in? Someone better be on it.

or just buy a Tesla from a company that does the car and charging right.

tesla still does it best....

Last edited:
Tesla charges for supercharger usage nowadays, except for some early customers who got lifetime use included, and the cost of doing so is still substantially higher than charging at home overnight. Yes, the CCS network still needs work on reliability, and they all need to continue to be built out. It will come.

They also throw in free super charger refills when they do promos from time to time

Last edited:
Interesting honest observation about chargers in Ontario.
Skip the car review and go straight to 11:10 mark of the video.

This video posted made me think about finally writing this out here.

My partner got a Subaru Solterra just before Christmas and we both love it. She has chargers at work for free, so this decision was kind of a no brainer. Plus her commute is only 5km.

We went on a trip to London last week and took the car. This charging business is definitely a steep learning curve. First off, neither of us fully realized just how much juice the climate control uses. It almost cuts the distance in half. So we went down there and I knew we'd have to charge it while in London. We found a free slow charger at a Shoppers Drug Mart, just a few doors down from my favourite vegan fast food joint. So that seemed perfect, we'd plug in, grab some grub, and charge while we ate. What we didn't know at the time was that slow chargers are basically pointless. I don't think it charged the car at all.

So know I'm a little concerned about making it home. So on the way I told her we had to find a fast charger. She looked using PlugShare and found the one at the Harley dealership in Cambridge. When we got there, of course it was another app we had to download, we couldn't get the thing to work. It kept faulting out on us and we couldn't figure it out. So, then we go to the next closest, which was the one at the Cambridge OnRoute. We get there and two of the four "said" they were working. But after multiple attempts, we kept getting an internal fault on the charger. So at this point I'm saying to her that we may have to call a tow truck, because this is getting dicey. She looks and finds another fast charger 10km or so away at the Puslinch Library. If this one doesn't work, we are definitely calling a tow truck. Well, after a few tries it finally does. We sit there for 30 mins and the car has charged to about 60% and we're good to go.

We both love the car and the idea of going electric, but holy **** was this adventure annoying. If either of us were on the fence, I'm sure we'd be loosing our **** and bad mouthing EV's to no end. But as it is, we both know this is relatively new, and it's the future.

This video posted made me think about finally writing this out here.

My partner got a Subaru Solterra just before Christmas and we both love it. She has chargers at work for free, so this decision was kind of a no brainer. Plus her commute is only 5km.

We went on a trip to London last week and took the car. This charging business is definitely a steep learning curve. First off, neither of us fully realized just how much juice the climate control uses. It almost cuts the distance in half. So we went down there and I knew we'd have to charge it while in London. We found a free slow charger at a Shoppers Drug Mart, just a few doors down from my favourite vegan fast food joint. So that seemed perfect, we'd plug in, grab some grub, and charge while we ate. What we didn't know at the time was that slow chargers are basically pointless. I don't think it charged the car at all.

So know I'm a little concerned about making it home. So on the way I told her we had to find a fast charger. She looked using PlugShare and found the one at the Harley dealership in Cambridge. When we got there, of course it was another app we had to download, we couldn't get the thing to work. It kept faulting out on us and we couldn't figure it out. So, then we go to the next closest, which was the one at the Cambridge OnRoute. We get there and two of the four "said" they were working. But after multiple attempts, we kept getting an internal fault on the charger. So at this point I'm saying to her that we may have to call a tow truck, because this is getting dicey. She looks and finds another fast charger 10km or so away at the Puslinch Library. If this one doesn't work, we are definitely calling a tow truck. Well, after a few tries it finally does. We sit there for 30 mins and the car has charged to about 60% and we're good to go.

We both love the car and the idea of going electric, but holy **** was this adventure annoying. If either of us were on the fence, I'm sure we'd be loosing our **** and bad mouthing EV's to no end. But as it is, we both know this is relatively new, and it's the future.

see post #7406, a few posts up...

Last edited:
I didn’t even know Subaru made a full EV until now. Thanks @Robp !

Whats your range at?

I like that there are more options in this market. Good for the future.

The Subaru is the same car as the Toyota BZ4whateveritis.

For climate control, get your heated seats and steering wheel to do most of the work, and turn the air temperature down. It shouldn't be cutting range in half (although driving 130 km/h could do that).

The Subaru is the same car as the Toyota BZ4whateveritis.

For climate control, get your heated seats and steering wheel to do most of the work, and turn the air temperature down. It shouldn't be cutting range in half (although driving 130 km/h could do that).

@mimico_polak Like Brian said, the Subaru is the Toyota whatever. But unlike the FRS/BRZ colab, these ones are AWD.

Yeah. We figured out that the heated seats and such don't use much power at all. And in half was obviously being a little extra. With climate control on we had about 160 range, and turned it off, it went up to about 280.

Losing my L2 at work due to change in location. But I save $85/month on parking which will obviously cover the gas trips for the month easily to and from work.

Have an L1 outlet at the new office, and as the Tesla drivers aren’t using it I’ll commandeer it. Took me from 15km-65km over 6-7hrs yesterday so still able to commute on electric power.

For kicks I took a look this morning at the Mach-E, Ioniq5, mini EV, and the Bolt….everything in the $50-80k range.

Think I’ll keep the Volt for some time now.

just gonna continue to quietly laugh at this never-ending repeat of the same charging issues while I did London, Kitchener, Sudbury, North Bay and Welland last week in my EV and barely added any time or inconvenience to my trips.
Yesterday woke up and realized I forgot to plug my car in overnight and it had only 30% charge and I needed to do a day trip to Kitchener.
No problem, pick a charger on the route and had enough juice in 17 mins for the rest of the day.

35,000kms in and nothings fallen off yet.
Musk and company aside, still the best EV on the market.

just gonna continue to quietly laugh at this never-ending repeat of the same charging issues while I did London, Kitchener, Sudbury, North Bay and Welland last week in my EV and barely added any time or inconvenience to my trips.
Yesterday woke up and realized I forgot to plug my car in overnight and it had only 30% charge and I needed to do a day trip to Kitchener.
No problem, pick a charger on the route and had enough juice in 17 mins for the rest of the day.

35,000kms in and nothings fallen off yet.
Musk and company aside, still the best EV on the market.

endlessly amazes me why some still can't figure this out...

TESLA STILL DOES IT BEST....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom