2024 Day Trips | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2024 Day Trips

I wouldnt be opposed to test riding a 650 strom :unsure:

If you want to try out a 1050, just ask.
I’m looking for something closer to the ground. Something i can flat foot but still has the torque. Needs to be an adventure bike

Is it good for touring? Also hwy rides
I haven't done a lot of hwy riding, say on the 400 series hwy. But on that last ride I did take HWY 11 down from Burk Falls to Gravenhurst and it was ok. Still not a lot of wind protection, I got very use to the Harley which gave me a nice cocoon and cruised so well on the highway. The upgraded windshield did help on the 650, but I do find the wind runs around the shield and over the bars a little too much at higher speeds. Plus the bike is so light any turbulence from say large trucks can be felt. But lots of power to push through it. I think I need to upgrade my full helmet as I found the wind noise too much at those speeds, not really bike specific though.

How is the AT, must do pretty well?

Come out to a burger night and you can check it out.

I’m looking for something closer to the ground. Something i can flat foot but still has the torque. Needs to be an adventure bike
I'm vertically challenged at 5'6". I can flat foot mine. There are 2 seats available for the 1050. I currently have a the low seat with an air hawk.

The Givi Aero-flow windshield provides plenty of wind protection for me.
I did close to 1000 kms in 1 day and rode the entire day with a visor up.

Plenty of torque.

Last edited:
I need to try one out
All the VStroms are pretty good Mile
Muncher’s. I rode out to BC on my 650 and regularly moved at 140 and no issues. The 650’s will drink a bit more gas at that speed but the engines will take it for 200k no problem.

I'm vertically challenged at 5'6". I can flat foot mine. There are 2 seats available for the 1050. I currently have a the low seat with an air hawk.

Plenty of torque.
It’s a nice day tomorrow, are you working? I can run to your place and pick up the mirrors if you still have them available and have a look at your bike.

I haven't done a lot of hwy riding, say on the 400 series hwy. But on that last ride I did take HWY 11 down from Burk Falls to Gravenhurst and it was ok. Still not a lot of wind protection, I got very use to the Harley which gave me a nice cocoon and cruised so well on the highway. The upgraded windshield did help on the 650, but I do find the wind runs around the shield and over the bars a little too much at higher speeds. Plus the bike is so light any turbulence from say large trucks can be felt. But lots of power to push through it. I think I need to upgrade my full helmet as I found the wind noise too much at those speeds, not really bike specific though.

How is the AT, must do pretty well?

Come out to a burger night and you can check it out.
What area are you in? Maybe I can do a little road trip and check out your 650

It’s a nice day tomorrow, are you working? I can run to your place and pick up the mirrors if you still have them available and have a look at your bike.
Mirrors still have your name on them.
Let me get back to you tomorrow as I am coming off of 2 weeks of vacay. But tomorrow would probably be best day out of the week.

Maybe we can go for a cruise nearby. Both on different bikes.

P.S.
What is wrong with the AT?

Mirrors still have your name on them.
Let me get back to you tomorrow as I am coming off of 2 weeks of vacay. But tomorrow would probably be best day out of the week.

Maybe we can go for a cruise nearby. Both on different bikes.

P.S.
What is wrong with the AT?
Just tall. I’m tiptoeing when I need to put my feet on the ground

How about a lowering kit?
I’ve looked into that, just don’t know if it’s worth it to modify the bike suspension.

I’m thinking going down to one bike and letting the klr and AT go for something that would replace both.

Something with torque and also be hwy worthy

Back
Top Bottom