2024 Day Trips | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2024 Day Trips

Had a great local ride today. Up Brant to Cedar Springs Rd -> Kilbride St (East) -> Twiss Rd (N) -> Campbellville Rd (East) -> Tremaine Rd (S) -> Steeles (W) -> Appleby Line (S) -> Derry Rd W (E) -> Sixth Line (S) -> Home

Was a great ride with 2 friends. Got caught in the rain for 15min or so where we just parked under a tree and chilled. Rain passed, and off we went.

Ah that was my old stomping ground - would go out with the kid late at night. Rally liked Twiss cept for the gravel in corners. Used to be empty - now soooo built up.

Out for a short ride hugging the Lake Simcoe on smaller roads Some really cool cottages and some monster homes too. Stopped off in Barrie at these beauty works of artIMG_4742.jpegIMG_4743.jpegIMG_4745.jpegIMG_4746.jpegIMG_4751.jpegIMG_4748.jpeg

Last edited:
Ah that was my old stomping ground - would go out with the kid late at night. Rally liked Twiss cept for the gravel in corners. Used to be empty - now soooo built up.
I've never really ridden out that way before, maybe a bit here and there. But getting lost out there was a great experience. Would do again but I don't know the roads well enough.

My Sunday trip on my new ride!
Southwood Rd and passed through Bala, Rosseau and Bracebridge. Weather was great. Hit the road at 6:00am and was home for lunch.
mVgY95F.jpeg

KADM2i4.jpeg

OiuCVnV.jpeg

oGUfYQO.jpeg

AXKUPIG.jpeg

fnfdgHS.jpeg

Southwood Rd and passed through Bala, Rosseau and Bracebridge. Weather was great. Hit the road at 6:00am and was home for lunch.
mVgY95F.jpeg

KADM2i4.jpeg

OiuCVnV.jpeg

oGUfYQO.jpeg

AXKUPIG.jpeg

fnfdgHS.jpeg
Ohhh a DesertX someone tell @Lightcycle

It's a phone app called DMD2 which requires a subscription. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet as I only started using it this season. It has offline maps, ability to load GPX files and trip details as the screenshot shows. The layout is more glove friendly than google maps.
Thanks that a cool looking interface.

Edit: just looked it up and it is Android based, bummer, I am swimming in the Apple cool-aid right now.

mVgY95F.jpeg

KADM2i4.jpeg

OiuCVnV.jpeg

oGUfYQO.jpeg

AXKUPIG.jpeg

fnfdgHS.jpeg
Nice run, cool pics.
So ya gonna tell us about the bike?
Or have you mentioned it elsewhere?

Forgot to post this last week.

Lady friend and I went to Bracebridge for lunch.

Orangeville to Bala, via Moonstone, Coldwater, Bigchute.

Stopped at Don's Bakery in Bala

North from Bala to 118 into Bracebridge.

Lunch at Old Station Restaurant.

From there south past the Muskoka Aiport to Gravenhurt for Hwy 11 and home

L1AmaJc.jpeg

BXQtwDR.jpeg

cLSP1pU.jpeg
Looks like a great ride, except for the portion of Highway 9 and the 400. I hate both of those roads and will take anything else to avoid going through Barrie.

Looks like a great ride, except for the portion of Highway 9 and the 400. I hate both of those roads and will take anything else to avoid going through Barrie.

yea those are definitely slogs. When I'm by myself (aka on schedule) I'll take Hockley Rd to Hwy 27 to IBR.

With the significant other, I aim to leave the house at 8am, which means we're rolling out at 9:15 and I want to make up for lost time.

Back
Top Bottom