2024 Day Trips | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2024 Day Trips

Sounds like a fun ride. I've kinda been doing the same over in North Pickering just checking out all the side gravel roads.
Once you lose the fear of gravel a whole new world opens up.
And best of all I can't really ever remember seeing a cop on gravel roads. Will the Strom politely eat gravel at 120kph like the KLR?

Once you lose the fear of gravel a whole new world opens up.
And best of all I can't really ever remember seeing a cop on gravel roads. Will the Strom politely eat gravel at 120kph like the KLR?
I haven't gone that fast yet on gravel, but I think if I had better tires I could (street tires now).
Also a hell of lot less traffic. I know you are in the sticks, but dealing with GTA traffic sucks as it's so bad.

Had Pirelli Mt-60S's on the Duc Scrambler (stock tires) and those are a great tire for mild off-roading (as well as on-road).

I haven't gone that fast yet on gravel, but I think if I had better tires I could (street tires now).
Also a hell of lot less traffic. I know you are in the sticks, but dealing with GTA traffic sucks as it's so bad.
@sburns Tires will make a big difference. I've been running the Kenda 270s on my klr forever. Cheap. Effective. However because they're more dirt than street they don't last too long. The flip side? They're pretty easy to spoon on and off.

Any bike can ride gravel at any speed.
if it's dry. 😏
We saw 20 Harley riders from South America just before we crossed from the road works ( we were in cage ) and they thankfully waved us to the head of line. The mud in parts of Alcan is just insanely slippery, Top of the World as well, squirmy.
The touring bicyclists were getting shuttled by the guide vehicles. They do like long construction zones.

Got in another scenic ride to work yesterday.

IMG_2171.jpeg

BTW, roadwork is about to begin on 124 between Hornings Mills and CR 21. Also, Concession 8 Nottawasaga is closed between Glen Huron and 124 (bridge repair) and Riverside Drive between CR 9 and Nottawasaga 15/16 for road resurfacing, which explains the little "L" at the top of my route.

Finally made it over the Prince Edward County yesterday. I always like this area, it's quite scenic. Wasn't too busy either.

No specific route, I tried to take as many back roads or stayed away from the main highway. I did pass along Sandbanks as it's quite nice by the water there.

Fuel up, since I missed burger meetup on Wed. This place was right at 64 & 33.
01 lunch.jpg

Stuff along the way
02 water.jpg

This was a old train station
03 trainstation.jpg

Mariners Park Museum
04 mesum.jpg

Finally made it over the Prince Edward County yesterday. I always like this area, it's quite scenic. Wasn't too busy either.

No specific route, I tried to take as many back roads or stayed away from the main highway. I did pass along Sandbanks as it's quite nice by the water there.

Fuel up, since I missed burger meetup on Wed. This place was right at 64 & 33.
View attachment 68653

Stuff along the way
View attachment 68654

This was a old train station
View attachment 68655

Mariners Park Museum
View attachment 68656
why is your front and rear wheel different colors?

Is that your polite way of saying I need to clean my bike?
well no, I thought maybe suzuki was doing the bait and switch like ducati (front and rear wheels are different colors etc)

But if they are the same colors, you really do need to wash it...

my AT had the same color

Back
Top Bottom