Who's still riding? Fall & Winter 2022 (& 2023!) edition! | Page 36 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? Fall & Winter 2022 (& 2023!) edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm truly done for the season now. Winter slush is not my cup of tea.

C'ya all in March.
It'll be gone in like 3 days(especially in toronto)

Maybe @V-Tom is still out there?

Rode a few KM today before the snow hit, hopefully there will be more riding after tonight’s storm.

I’m not putting the bike away this winter.

Rode a few KM today before the snow hit, hopefully there will be more riding after tonight’s storm.

I’m not putting the bike away this winter.
Don’t you worry about the salt residue on the road?

Ride to conditions in the winter, the same as any time of the year.

The whole "your bike will turn into a pile of rust" thing is over exxagerated.

Some of us worry more about putting smiles on our faces than the chunk of metal and plastic that accomplishes it, or if it means there's a speck of surface rust on it somewhere down the road.

No, I don’t. My bikes are for my personal enjoyment. I don’t put my wife in storage for the summer to save her getting wrinkles from the sun,

Neither is being preserved for their next partner.

WTF was that flash of light this morning, was that that SUN!
Also last night was there lightening? There was very brief flash. Thought it was car headlights, but everything lit up.

If you prep it properly, (ACF50) it will survive just fine. If the machine was built with reasonably protected corrosion resistance.
I remember riding one winter when roads were dry, didn’t mind the cold, but noticed in the summer that all the aluminum and chrome had little pit marks in them so figured maybe more corrosion going on.
I rarely have enough time to ride so the bike doesn’t really get washed or waxed.

I remember riding one winter when roads were dry, didn’t mind the cold, but noticed in the summer that all the aluminum and chrome had little pit marks in them so figured maybe more corrosion going on.
I rarely have enough time to ride so the bike doesn’t really get washed or waxed.
Similar, I still haven't wash my bike since last year 🥁:LOL:

WTF was that flash of light this morning, was that that SUN!
Also last night was there lightening? There was very brief flash. Thought it was car headlights, but everything lit up.
can confirm lightning. on the way back to the depot around 7pm i hit snow going eastbound at yonge/lakeshore. by the time i hit the depot it was coming down and flashing in the sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom