Who's still riding? Fall & Winter 2022 (& 2023!) edition! | Page 30 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? Fall & Winter 2022 (& 2023!) edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Santa ride tomorrow. Will go across 7 from 48, to Vaughn Mills then back across 16th.

Hopefully again on the 24th.

Meh feel like we've had this discussion before about salt not eating bikes, some acf 50(away from tires and brakes), a quick rinse after and you're good
If you have given the entire bike a good ACF50 treatment, i don't think washing it is a good idea. Introducing water will put the salt into solution and allow it to creep into tiny places.i would just leave it until you are ready for deep storage or wait till spring.

Look at the roads. Do they have a white haze on them? If not, you're good. Between the rain and the thousands of cars blowing it all away most look fine on the ones I've driven.

If I was off, I'd go for a boot.

Roads are dry, sun is out, the trees keep some backroads damp though

Lucky dudes to be out today ... I saw 11 on the car at lunch.

Is it burger night worthy?
It’s just okay in my opinion, but others really enjoy it. I’ll put it on the list next year and let the people weigh in.

No ice, sleet or stacked snow on the roads. Temps on the other hand, I'm riding through -2/-3 every other morning.. I think I could do till -5/-6 probably.

You CAN ride until as cold as you're equipped to.

When I was still a broke AF Ryerson student, I twice could not make the commute... Once I had to leave my little carbureted 50cc two stroke bike downtown overnight. Once I couldn't even make it to school. Both times it was -15 and probably worse than -20 in the wind chill, and the bike literally kept cutting out. I had reached the lower limit of what the little spanish scoot could handle.

Fuel injected bike should be able to account for this and keep going just fine.

You can ride until as cold as you're ready for, the question is whether or not it makes sense to you, which is a combination of how broke you are, and how much you love riding. I ranked high on both of those indexes so I pushed my winter beater hard lol

GSes doing GS stuff...

20231220_104943-X2.jpg

20231220_105435-X2.jpg

20231220_110829-X2.jpg

IMG_20231220_121417-X2.jpg

Might be time to put the studded tires on...

You CAN ride until as cold as you're equipped to.

When I was still a broke AF Ryerson student, I twice could not make the commute... Once I had to leave my little carbureted 50cc two stroke bike downtown overnight. Once I couldn't even make it to school. Both times it was -15 and probably worse than -20 in the wind chill, and the bike literally kept cutting out. I had reached the lower limit of what the little spanish scoot could handle.

Fuel injected bike should be able to account for this and keep going just fine.

You can ride until as cold as you're ready for, the question is whether or not it makes sense to you, which is a combination of how broke you are, and how much you love riding. I ranked high on both of those indexes so I pushed my winter beater hard lol
Thanks for the confident booster.

One last question before I stop asking winter stuff. Tires- are normal tires not suitable for riding below -5c? I understand they need some rolling to get heated before I accelerate too fast, but in practice, are they suitable to be driven at -10c? I’m riding with one point lower than the recommended pressure currently due to some internet tips claiming that’ll help increase the contact area.

One last question before I stop asking winter stuff. Tires- are normal tires not suitable for riding below -5c? I understand they need some rolling to get heated before I accelerate too fast, but in practice, are they suitable to be driven at -10c? I’m riding with one point lower than the recommended pressure currently due to some internet tips claiming that’ll help increase the contact area.
if the roads are dry, you have more grip than you think.

The tires wont turn to stone just because its below freezing.
There is however less grip than on a warm, summer, dry day, so I wouldnt go dragging knee if I were you.

I've ridden down to below 0F. I'm not pushing hard at those temps. Tbh, lots more grip there than just around freezing when the roads are slick as %#%@.

The ground isn't even frozen yet. Still too warm. I don't thin TO will get snow until mid to end of January. Lake is probably still warm.

Saw a rider heading south on Bayview extension after 7:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom