who rides in the rain? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

who rides in the rain?

On your insurance they ask whether the car is for work or not. Classifying your car as "Occasional use" means you cannot use it to drive to or from work. If you use it to get to work and have an accident you may not get any coverage. Of course the savings are better the farther you work from home as the increased mileage means higher exposure to a possible accident. This is taken into account when calculating your premium. At least this is my understanding, if i'm wrong someone will likely pipe up.

What is this "occasional use status"? I have two cars and would like to keep them both insured but one I would only need to use on the rare occasion that I actually need to carry more than 2 people or large items.

On your insurance they ask whether the car is for work or not. Classifying your car as "Occasional use" means you cannot use it to drive to or from work. If you use it to get to work and have an accident you may not get any coverage. Of course the savings are better the farther you work from home as the increased mileage means higher exposure to a possible accident. This is taken into account when calculating your premium. At least this is my understanding, if i'm wrong someone will likely pipe up.
Oh I see. I guess that might work for my second vehicle if I only use it when I need more than 2 large seats. Would be more convenient if I could get to work on it though.

I got caught in some rain on the way home from Port Dover last Friday evening. That was my first time riding in the rain. I must admit, it wasn't nearly as bad as I had anticipated. I simply reduced my speed. The hardest part was the poor visibility. Personally, I wouldn't choose to ride in the rain. But, I know now that I can, *if* I choose to.

I just got home from work good thing i brought my rain gear otherwise ill probably soak riding home...
I f**king hate this stupid weather>>>>>

How else do you clean your bike? Next time it's raining hard, go on any 400 series highway...

Bring some soap, then park it on the ramp, lather the bike up, then give it three exits - clean bike!

(yes I'm joking :p)

ya....good question
"Who rides in the rain.??"
whats the point of that??
is it really ridin or..just puttin mileage on?

I'm what some call a "Rain Wussy"....I'll only ride in the rain if I have to! (I have other vehicles as well that offer waay better rain protection!)
I bought a pair of rain pants prior to headin down to Port Dover (just n case). Sure enough I needed them for the ride home and they worked great!
The next morning I wiped them clean and returned them for cash....jus n case.... someone else needs them more than me!;)

Lol! Gotta love the replies here from the fair-weather riders :)

Cheers !

I am new to street riding and just got my bike on the road this past weekend. I've ridden every day since, mostly in the rain. I didn't know riding in the rain was such a big deal to some, and I am not saying its nearly as enjoyable as riding a nice sunny day, which I have yet to do and Im not saying I LIKE the rain but I will ride it. You just gotta be a little extra careful. Hopefully we get some sun for the long weekend...

Big thumbs up to the three riders I saw this morning in the downpour!!

2 cruisers (NOT harleys.. We know they melt in the rain ;) )

1 Suzuki sportbike turned streetfighter

i've been riding in the rain this whole week and i finally see the big hype about rain gear. when i got home my shoes had a puddle inside of them which sucked but better than sitting next to the guy who talks to himself and picks his *** on the ttc

Back
Top Bottom