who rides in the rain? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

who rides in the rain?

Rather not get soaked but have several times when caught in it.

Rode today, and while I try to avoid during torrential downpours, I've been caught in a number of them going in and out of town. It sucks getting caught in them in the middle of the night when it's already dark out, especially when wearing a tinted visor. But I have rain gear, and providing you ride appropriately and responsibly, the rain won't harm you any.

Just remember to clean & lube your chain after riding in it!

Rain rules. My Pilot 2's have greatly improved my bike's rain performance too. I'm a very happy rain rider.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) I like bright sunny days.
winterhyper.jpg

any corrosions?

I ride in the rain even though I try to avoid it. Nothing like taking off from a stop sign sideways with a nice big rooster tail.

Quick newbie question: do you have to lube and/or clean the chain more often when you ride in the rain?

Quick newbie question: do you have to lube and/or clean the chain more often when you ride in the rain?

It would be wise to do so, yes. For my bike at least, I try to maintain (clean & lube) the chain at least every 700-800km I travel -- but I will generally do so as soon as possible if I've been riding in the rain, or through areas where a lot of dirt/dust etc may get into the chain. Exception being weeks like this one; I'm just riding short distances a few days where it'll be raining, in which case I wait til those few days/rides are over and do it then, rather than waste the chain cleaner and lube.

rain or shine, but i seriously need some rain gear. i'm starting to get tired of a complete soaking through my jeans and very perforated shift avenger jacket.

i want to invest in some high visibility yellow gear cuz i'm coming to the realization that if cars around me are difficult to see, then i'm totally invisible to them.

Rain or shine. My bike's my primary means of getting where I need to go, and I'm only going to take the TTC if there's ice on the ground or if I'm going to be drinking.

Always ride in the rain, went to work and back today and yesterday on my bike.

I find riding in the rain relaxing :p

Get some rain gear ... $10 rain pants, and either a water-proof jacket like mine, or a $10 rain jacket...

OK, I'll bite: where can I get $20 worth of rain gear? I have NONE.

It would be wise to do so, yes. For my bike at least, I try to maintain (clean & lube) the chain at least every 700-800km I travel -- but I will generally do so as soon as possible if I've been riding in the rain, or through areas where a lot of dirt/dust etc may get into the chain. Exception being weeks like this one; I'm just riding short distances a few days where it'll be raining, in which case I wait til those few days/rides are over and do it then, rather than waste the chain cleaner and lube.

Cool. I see we are both riding sv650s :D, gotta love that v-twin

i dont mind riding in the rain, however not today. i dont mind rain in the summer, but i hate getting wet and cold, its miserable.

Rain rules. My Pilot 2's have greatly improved my bike's rain performance too. I'm a very happy rain rider.

this ^

after switching to those tires my confidence was much better in the rain then with shinkos i had on previously

Back
Top Bottom