who rides in the rain? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

who rides in the rain?

Did 7.5 hours or more on sunday... yeah I ride... Power pure's ;)

On the topic of different tires in the rain -- anyone (particularly 250R riders) tried Avon tires? I asked my mechanic for BT45 or Pirelli rear tire but he was unable to get either, so he's ordered me an Avon rear tire (not sure what specific model, will find out tomorrow.)

I have a 2010 Ninja 250R, which apparently still has the IRC tires on it (which I'd heard are crap...) I've put over 20,000km on these tires since getting it new last year, and they've served me well but I can say I've had a few skidding situations in the rain, whether by my own fault or perhaps the tires not being grippy enough.

TBH i didnt spend 4000 dollars to have my bike gain dust in my garage

That's how I look at it too. For those who are complaining from getting soaked, Get a rain suit, I have a 2 Pc suit And it is perfect I get to work and home dry every day no matter how bad it rained

That's how I look at it too. For those who are complaining from getting soaked, Get a rain suit, I have a 2 Pc suit And it is perfect I get to work and home dry every day no matter how bad it rained

forget the rain suit baggy hoodies over any jacket work amazing

I am riding from toronto to ottawa on thursday, it calls for 15 degrees Toronto and when i get to ottawa is going to be 10 degrees and rain!! I have a job interview at 9am on friday in Ottawa. I have raining gear and just changed new tires (metzelers )

Rode for the first time in the rain with my new Pilot Road 3s. They handled amazingly well in the rain.

Yup, I also commute and do it rain or shine, been at it since April. A good set of rain gear and you're good to go.

i enjoy riding in the rain... as long as it's warm as well

You can ride a motorcycle in the rain? Without melting?
WHooda think?

need new tires first for me before i ride my r6 in the rain. Rear is definitely only going to last less than 1500km

No its like not being a sissy. Lol.
If you can board in it.you can ride in it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896 using Tapatalk

riiiight, someone needs to ride in horrid conditions just to prove he isn't a sissy? someone is over compensating for something lol

i want to invest in some high visibility yellow gear cuz i'm coming to the realization that if cars around me are difficult to see, then i'm totally invisible to them.

Olympia Ast 3/4 jacket is a good one for riding in the rain. It has good ventialtion for summer and it's got a really warm liner too for winter. That makes it a good jacket for temperatures between -5deg to +25deg.

I've been caught in the rain, not my cup of tea. I have a car for the rainy days. I'm ok being a fair weather rider

I'll ride in it if I get stuck in it but I try to avoid it now. I've had a drop and a few close calls in the rain. :(

Considering I have two cars rain just gives me a chance to drive them. Although that's not really a great excuse since most of the time I'm not getting a chance to ride due to rain or some other circumstance that means I will need a car.

Maybe I just need to get my rain riding confidence back up.

Last edited:
I've ridden in the rain twice now to build my overall skill which is a paramount goal. Being wet doesn't bother me even yesterday w/o a rain suit I was OK with it. Making the bike dirty and having water spots on it isn't that much fun. As a new rider I can't help but be a little nervous about the slipperiness of the roads and the general retardation of the cagers.

Back
Top Bottom