What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 183 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

What did you do in your garage today..?​

Well, I came home from my best friend's funeral, backed the motor into the car hole, closed the door and cried my eyes out.

Grabbed a beer and sat in the car listening to the music, thinking of him, and crying like a school girl.

And then this came on and I lost it:

I loved the guy! We were pals for forty years. The worst part is he was sports mad and never got to see Scotland let him down one last time, or find out who won the Stanley Cup.

So tonight I'm going to drink my face off (it's a Scottish thing) whilst swatching the hockey, and arguing with him over the plays and players.

Wish me luck!

My day is going the same.

I’ve been sitting bedside at OakvilleTrafalgar since Friday with my best friend as his beautiful life comes to a close.

I have the game on, he is an huge sports fan, along with his favourite playlist of Haggard, Nelson, Denver, and Roger’s songs playing.

I’ve already closed out a few boxes of Kleenex, gonna be switching whiskey soon. Probably soak myself for a week.

Sorry to hear guys. @Mad Mike @gpfan

Hope you all make it through your tough times.
Brighter days ahead.

Last edited:
Because you don't want that thing dripping oil when he is out and back tire is covered in oil.
I had a brainfart while playing with valve lash one time. Took the bike out for a ride and it felt good but I wondered why my legs were so warm. Ah crap. Cover had a cork ring to seal and it had bent in and wasn't pinched at the front. Puked out more than a litre before I got home. In a straight line handling wasn't so bad with an oil soaked tire. I took it really easy in the corners.

I’ve been sitting bedside at OakvilleTrafalgar since Friday with my best friend as his beautiful life comes to a close.

I have the game on, he is an huge sports fan, along with his favourite playlist of Haggard, Nelson, Denver, and Roger’s songs playing.

I’ve already closed out a few boxes of Kleenex, gonna be switching whiskey soon. Probably soak myself for a week.
Very sorry to hear that @Mad Mike wishing you all the best. I’m not that far of you need a drink just let me know.

I’m very sorry for your loss. May you find peace in this difficult time.

That was very nice of you to say, and quite touching.

The funny thing about the post was I was not looking for commiserations.

I honestly thought readers would find it funny (it was all factual). As in:

"Jim here. Today in my garage I checked the valve clearances on my Desmo Ducati."

"Bill here. Today I swapped new slicks on to my CB250 track bike."

"Numb nuts here. Today I locked myself with alcohol into the car hole and had a complete emotional collapse."

Even greatly saddened by my friend's death, I still saw the humour in the reality of the situation.

But, again, thank you for the nice comment. It did make me feel better.

Sorry to hear of this. My pal lasted a week in the hospital this time. I hope your friend dies quickly and painlessly.

Also, since I'm (barely) closer to 61 than I am 60, my former alcoholism has let me down and I was only able to guzzle one tall tin of beer last night during the Oilers game. I hope when your pal leaves us, you are able to fastidiously work towards one hell of a hangover!

Sorry to hear of this. My pal lasted a week in the hospital this time. I hope your friend dies quickly and painlessly.

Also, since I'm (barely) closer to 61 than I am 60, my former alcoholism has let me down and I was only able to guzzle one tall tin of beer last night during the Oilers game. I hope when your pal leaves us, you are able to fastidiously work towards one hell of a hangover!
I just got home, I’ll get started on that hangover right now. My wife was kind enough to bring a few friends over, Johnny,Jack and an orange Benedictine monk were sitting on the counter when I got here.

B and I got back from Manitoulin a few days ago and just parked the Ural. It's amazing how much stuff it can stow.B was very creative packing lots of stuff in every nook and cranny.
Took me half an hour to unload and organize for tomorrow. We will take back roads to the Forks.

Got a new seat a week or so ago, friggin expensive, yesterday's ride was a good test, and what an improvement!
Stock seat was a POS.

But it changed the seating position somewhat. I am a bit further back and feel my arms a more stretched out. More straight, less bend at the elbow. The side effect of this, it actually helped my right shoulder. My right after longer rides would get real stiff, this position seems to have less effect on it.

I ordered a seat pad/cushion to see if a slight adjustment may make things better. Or maybe try bar risers with a bit of pull back.

seat.jpg

Got a new seat a week or so ago, friggin expensive, yesterday's ride was a good test, and what an improvement!
Stock seat was a POS.

But it changed the seating position somewhat. I am a bit further back and feel my arms a more stretched out. More straight, less bend at the elbow. The side effect of this, it actually helped my right shoulder. My right after longer rides would get real stiff, this position seems to have less effect on it.

I ordered a seat pad/cushion to see if a slight adjustment may make things better. Or maybe try bar risers with a bit of pull back.

View attachment 68585
Looks great!
You could also try to rotate the bars a bit if that will put them closer to you.

I just rotated my bars a bit up and away from the tank, since they were too low and felt more constrained when doing uturns.

Stock seat was a POS.

View attachment 68585
Nice. I know they don't work for everyone, but the Corbin was transformative on my KTM 1090R and my 990 SMT before it. On the 1090 I can now ride in comfort through a full tank or about 400km without stopping.

The only issue is that it raised the seat height a little bit and the wider shape brings my feet up a little bit too. Not enough to make it unsteady at a stop though.

Stock seat was a POS.

View attachment 68585
How is the leg distance from seat to shifter and brake? Have you gone for a really long ride to test it? Some with Corbins complain that it feels like a block of wood while others say after they break in they are fantastic. Looks like a real nice seat. The yellow accent is the cherry!
Did you send them your seat pan for them to reupholster?

Speaking of…how’s your Harley?
Getting as much use as your scrambler.... JK! :p

Still apart. I haven't ordered the parts yet, schedule has been too crazy. I think it's going to happen later in the summer or something like that.

I will say I am getting very use to jumping on the bike and going, without much concern.

Back
Top Bottom