What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 184 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

How is the leg distance from seat to shifter and brake? Have you gone for a really long ride to test it? Some with Corbins complain that it feels like a block of wood while others say after they break in they are fantastic. Looks like a real nice seat. The yellow accent is the cherry!
Did you send them your seat pan for them to reupholster?
Thanks!

So I immediately noticed the ride position was different. I would say it pushed me back a bit, and lower a bit.
Legs/feet felt a bit off, but not as much as arms and back. Easier to get use to with feet then arms.
Yesterdays ride was about 350k. I felt good afterwards and didn't feel I needed to take as many brakes.
With the stock seat my butt would be very sore and I could feel it in my tailbone, and after the ride my body was done.

I didn't send them anything, this is a complete replacement, just order and it drops in like original seat.

Thanks!

So I immediately noticed the ride position was different. I would say it pushed me back a bit, and lower a bit.
Legs/feet felt a bit off, but not as much as arms and back. Easier to get use to with feet then arms.
Yesterdays ride was about 350k. I felt good afterwards and didn't feel I needed to take as many brakes.
With the stock seat my butt would be very sore and I could feel it in my tailbone, and after the ride my body was done.

I didn't send them anything, this is a complete replacement, just order and it drops in like original seat.
Wow 350km on a new seat; you are brave. That is great that you stopped less than the OEM seat. Sounds like a winner. Maybe with the bars turned up as suggested, the arms won’t be an issue. A small height bar riser might be the ticket next.

So, with the M1000R out of the picture, I have decided the only logical way to proceed is farkles for the Supersport. Yes, I know I have a problem.... just let it go.
Yes I know I bug @Evoex about his farkles... but those are different farkles..... mine are fine.

Farkles.jpg

Where we started....

Brake.

Brake.jpg

Shifter.

Shifter.jpg

Spent some time prepping the garage so I didn't end up in my usual mess of tools and parts everywhere..... Even pulled out an ancient laptop for schematics and torque specs.

Prep1.jpg

Prep 2.jpg

The only real pain with the installation is the the main swingarm bolt. It is some weird 12 point fitting. It is not a 'triple square', it's just weird.
The consensus online is to use a 5/8 - 11 nut. The cross section is 15/16" [.937" (23.8mm)] which is very close to the 24mm Allen that you can also use. Who has a 24mm hex bit?

Stupid.jpg

Anyroad.... I think it turned out quite nicely. Still need to bleed that back brake as this system uses a pressure switch for the brake light as opposed to the limit switch from Ducati.

Side.jpg

Brake new.jpg

Shift new.jpg

Angle.jpg

Thanks for looking......

Last edited:
Finally had some time to get some work done on the bike today in prep for a long ride tomorrow.
  • Oil/filter change
  • Swapped my forks out with an upgraded pair.
  • Bled the front brakes, swapped out the pads and cleaned the pistons - one of which was stuck and causing uneven wear.
  • Went to adjust my chain and noticed a really tight spot. Happened to have a new chain kicking around, so swapped that out too. Ordered the sprockets, so those can be done this week.
Went out for a quick test ride and it feels like a very different bike:)

Back
Top Bottom