We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 158 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

Government hired foreigners with AR-15s and helicopters, to hunt nuisance deer on Vancouver Island, since we can't own AR-15s anymore?
Why would a hunter ever need an ar-15? I thought they were scary black assault rifles that were only used for killing people? (Dripping with sarcasm).

It’s pretty easy for the current government to embarrass themselves .

The part where they let illegal equipment ie; silencers be imported by foreign nationals is a bit alarming. Why don’t they just naplam some forests and call it a day .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

My daughter reintroduced an endangered species of butterfly back into Pinery Park and surrounding area. The species had run out of the food they need to survive because the deer population had eaten it all over a long period of time. With the help of the MNR and local indiginous people's, the undergrowth has come back once the deer population was put into check. Daughter and her team collected specimens from a sparse population near Rice Lake and reared them at the Butterfly Conservatory in Cambridge.

Thought I found the deal of deals , box of 10 Rizzini shotgun chokes for $200. They are usually about $105.00 each. Well turns out at some point Rizzini changed the thread cut . Now on sale , Rizzini OLD style chokes , box of 10 for $10.00 . Damn, so close .

So my gun club has sat on the same piece of real estate for about 100 yrs . Two trap fields , three skeet fields , two sporting clays ( newer but same dirt) and we were trying to guess how many cubic meters of lead must be in the 10 acre section where 3 or 4 thousand shot shells land three times a week . We do have a 20yrd bin for spent shells so I guess that’s green.

So my gun club has sat on the same piece of real estate for about 100 yrs . Two trap fields , three skeet fields , two sporting clays ( newer but same dirt) and we were trying to guess how many cubic meters of lead must be in the 10 acre section where 3 or 4 thousand shot shells land three times a week . We do have a 20yrd bin for spent shells so I guess that’s green.

There is at least one subdivision in ontario that was built downrange of a gun club. Afaik, everybody ostriched and no lead testing or remediation was done. The official line was shot doesn't travel that far. Standing in the field with shot raining down around you said otherwise.

I like the way you think . Can you swing by and explain gun math to my wife ?

Easy, its called Girl Math.

She’ll know how that works, it’s the math commonly used for shoes and purses.

Girl math doesn’t work over here , she has literal two handbags and maybe 3 pairs of shoes LOL . Now of if I tell her we should go look at a new boat she can sort out why we don’t even need to go look , just buy it. It would be easier if she liked girl stuff . She can justify a cruise boat any time , but she doesn’t get different guns do different jobs . Kind of like why would you own a fly rod when a spin rod takes less fussing and usually catches the same fish . It’s a never ending conversation over here , that I’m usually having by my self .

Solved my choke problem! I had to drive out near the Rizzini dealer and I took my box of chokes , I was going to just leave them with him in case some buddy with an older Rizzini could use them . He had a Barretta EELL over/under he had taken in trade with a Briley tube set 12/20/28/410 so all the gauges covered . Gave away $200 in chokes , and spent $4200 on a used gun. He threw in 2 Barretta skt chokes , since everything else over here is Browning or Franchi.
Gun math …….

Picked up a $40 light on Amazon just to try out on my Beretta 1301 Tactical. Tad heavy compared to my Olight but good output and the press-pad is excellent.
These shotgun cards by S&J are my favourite.
IMG_5060.png
IMG_5061.jpeg

Good friend bought a Barretta shotgun from the “for sale” page of the Ontario Trapshooter Association forum . Despite asking the seller for additional photos , and speaking directly on the phone with the guy , funds were sent . No gun was shipped. Phone # gone , email ghosted . Scammed for 4K . He found photos of the same gun on an American website , different seller . Be careful .

Good friend bought a Barretta shotgun from the “for sale” page of the Ontario Trapshooter Association forum . Despite asking the seller for additional photos , and speaking directly on the phone with the guy , funds were sent . No gun was shipped. Phone # gone , email ghosted . Scammed for 4K . He found photos of the same gun on an American website , different seller . Be careful .

These kinds of fraud are rife in the gun owners community. I’ve bought used but only from sellers with high feedback on gunnutz . Stay away from zero feedback new accounts and I think gunpost can be dodgy sometimes too.

They're in every online community. Sled groups and bike forums where I'm still on from past makes I see that all the time with scamming.
Mine was bought through Stoeger and they were great to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom