The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 363 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

@shanekingsley

Need a spare parts but running gen 1 FZ1 motor for $180?

Ha!
Thanks - I almost bought that bike he parted out. I went to see it, but he wanted too much for it and it looked a bit abused.
I've got no more room inthe garage for a spare motor - too much stuff as it is:)

I have no idea what these go for but seems like a lot of bike for $6500

I have no idea what these go for but seems like a lot of bike for $6500

Cool bike and price seems reasonable to me. Adding NCR Leggera stickers that sure look like they don't belong is no bueno for me. A real NCR Leggera would be special but I assume they trade for a hell of a lot more money (probably an order of magnitude more).

I only know about this bike due to Ari Henning.

its a freagin steal

Don't think I have ever seen a LC R1200GS this cheap and this looks to be pretty well optioned

• Wow
Reactions: rhn
That should be good for a very long time. Iirc @Lightcycle has had the unfortunate luck to need a repair which requires splitting the bike in half. Not sure what the signs/symptoms are of that monster.

Yeah, that was the clutch replacement. Because it's mounted longitudinally not transversely, you need to split the bike in half. Labour-intensive and costly if done at an official dealership. I recall the quote was 10 hours of labour at whatever the shop rate is + cost of parts, which was around $1000 CDN a few years ago.. This is something you probably want to go to an independent shop to get done (or if you're wrench-confident, tackle it yourself).

clutch02.jpg

It's a dry clutch and mine went around 185,000 kms, so I'd check bikes around the same mileage for that. Personally, I think I babied mine a bit more despite how much off-road I did with it, I've heard of R12 clutches lasting anywhere from 100K-150K km.

Yeah, that was the clutch replacement. Because it's mounted longitudinally not transversely, you need to split the bike in half. Labour-intensive (and costly if done at an official dealership). This is something you probably want to go to an independent shop to get done (or if you're wrench-confident, tackle it yourself).

clutch02.jpg

It's a dry clutch and mine went around 185,000 kms, so I'd check bikes around the same mileage for that. Personally, I think I babied mine a bit more despite how much off-road I did with it, I've heard of R12 clutches lasting anywhere from 100K-150K km.

Last edited:
Wow, that looks difficult, will need outside help if things go wrong. Guess I'll continue my search then :)
That repair is probably 100k in the future. I wouldnt let that scare me away. Great bike. I wasn't sure how many km were on lightcycles when it needed surgery.

Back
Top Bottom