The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 360 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Many are grossly out of touch with useful bike mileage. Assuming you don't buy hyosung, 100k should be easy and most will be fine for more than double that. So many people think bikes fall apart after 30k.
Rightfully so. I've bought some trashy bikes with less than 10 on the clock.

I have 3 old enduros that were ridden hard, never maintained, put away wet.

Replacing tires, wheel bearings, chain, sprockets, cables, swingarm bushings, battery, rubber bits, fork and carb overhaul, takes a few bucks and time.

A $1000 deal can quickly turn into a $2500 deal.

whahhh as I go down the road kicking stones..lol

but as @GreyGhost mentions "all good if the ad is honest" but dang even the garage looks clean.

too far for me to consider

master cylinder ppfftt done!
If you’re really into it then just buy it and get the guy to hold for you for a time you’re around to grab it?

If you’re really into it then just buy it and get the guy to hold for you for a time you’re around to grab it?
Says the guy who missed out on a beautiful VFR in Cochrane.

I kid.. I kid....;););)

I've seen trailers posted in here, so hopefully this is OK, otherwise maybe we should start a "Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycle Accessories" thread?

Yes, you could have gotten a knock off from Princess Auto for about $50 new when on sale (and in stock), but there is a palpable difference between one of those and the OG when compared side-by-side (a little sturdier, slides a little less on flat concrete, unloads a little easier). Also located in Huntsville:

I've seen trailers posted in here, so hopefully this is OK, otherwise maybe we should start a "Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycle Accessories" thread?

Yes, you could have gotten a knock off from Princess Auto for about $50 new when on sale (and in stock), but there is a palpable difference between one of those and the OG when compared side-by-side (a little sturdier, slides a little less on flat concrete, unloads a little easier). Also located in Huntsville:

I bought one of these this past winter for $100 and absolutely love it. Nothing better than just walking my bike into the chock every day and it stays upright.

The Yamaha sales that were recently held on 3rd line in Oakville were also selling brand new Baxley chocks for $160. They were the LA chocks which also looked great, but seemed to have a slightly larger footprint which I didn’t want.

I bought one of these this past winter for $100 and absolutely love it. Nothing better than just walking my bike into the chock every day and it stays upright.

The Yamaha sales that were recently held on 3rd line in Oakville were also selling brand new Baxley chocks for $160. They were the LA chocks which also looked great, but seemed to have a slightly larger footprint which I didn’t want.

Any chance the sale is still on?

They were one day only sales. My guess is if they haven't sold off all the stuff or they have more they want to unload, then they'll do another sale in the next month or so.

Sometimes when I miss a sale I go to the store and see if they’ll honour the price from the week before.

9/10 times Canadian Tire honours that price. Obviously a bit different type of store.

Sometimes when I miss a sale I go to the store and see if they’ll honour the price from the week before.

9/10 times Canadian Tire honours that price. Obviously a bit different type of store.

If it's the sale I'm thinking of, it sounded like a receivership sale from an already closed business. I just can't remember where I saw the advertisement, but I do remember it posted by an individual with not much details, and almost sounded like a scam.

If it's the sale I'm thinking of, it sounded like a receivership sale from an already closed business. I just can't remember where I saw the advertisement, but I do remember it posted by an individual with not much details, and almost sounded like a scam.

interesting ?
Maybe? "All the parts are there" but I don't see the carbs. They shpuld at least post pictures of the boxes of parts so you can get a concept of the accuracy of that statement. If it is missing many important pieces, price will spiral.

Back
Top Bottom