The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 312 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

I love the new GROM! Side by side they are about the same size, Navi has that cool storage box under the gas tank though, GROM would definitely be more fun but I'm looking at it strictly as an economical move....the GROM is about 2k more, and knowing how I am and how insanely huge the aftermarket is for it I can see myself spending 10k upgrading it lol...that would defeat the point of the whole thing. 🤷‍♂️
Ask @Evoex i believe he’s planning on selling it…if he hasn’t already.

I love the new GROM! Side by side they are about the same size, Navi has that cool storage box under the gas tank though, GROM would definitely be more fun but I'm looking at it strictly as an economical move....the GROM is about 2k more, and knowing how I am and how insanely huge the aftermarket is for it I can see myself spending 10k upgrading it lol...that would defeat the point of the whole thing. 🤷‍♂️
Buy @Evoex grom. Cheaper and he already spent the money upgrading.

I've been thinking the same thing...it'll be about $30ish to fill my 17L tank with premium, and it doesn't go very far. Works out worse than my car lol. I'm seriously considering a Honda Navi as a daily, and keep my FZ8 as a weekend toy. 109cc 2L/100km on regular gas, can hit 80kmh which is good enough for the commute. Just over 3k tax in and under 300/yr insurance as a second bike.
Why are you filling an FZ8 with premium

I still wish Yamaha would bring over the little bikes they sell in India. They have a range of 150-250cc bikes in the $1500-2500 range, some get 130MPG (imperial).
1646920757314.png1646920850699.png

Would flashing it back to stock, or a less aggressive tune be an option?
Not really, I seriously disliked the stock fueling on the bike at low speeds, to the point I thought I made a mistake buying it. I made a thread somewhere here about it. Yamahas of that generation seemed to be plagued with stock fueling issues from what I've heard. The flash not only "woke up" the bike but it made it buttery smooth, not worth going back to horrible stock or less aggressive tune to save some money on fuel IMO.

might of avoided the gst by claiming homemade when plated. or its stolen maybe..
My HF trailer is "homemade" from trailer parts to avoid all the importation/inspection crap at the border. Had to pay tax on the parts at the border but I don't think I had to declare a value/pay tax when I got it registered.

^ I may be wrong - but homemade doesn't pay any gst when plated.

but I thought when you go to plate a trailer w ownership - you pay the gst before you get the plate - like a used vehicle?

hoping to hear more on this, interesting. all my trailers, from campers to utility have been plated homemade. cheap basturd me.

Last edited:
^ I may be wrong - but homemade doesn't pay any gst when plated.

but I thought when you go to plate a trailer w ownership - you pay the gst before you get the plate - like a used vehicle?

hoping to hear more on this, interesting. all my trailers, from campers to utility have been plated homemade. cheap basturd me.

i paid the tax at the dealer. same as the auction bikes. Bill of sale when registering showing taxes paid.

modified 5x8 folding trailer $1000. Not sure how well this would tow

View attachment 53887
You can't just extend the tongue by 4' , double the size of the deck and park a quad half way between the ball and axle? As with most custom projects, that may be worth less than the base trailer he started with.

You can't just extend the tongue by 4' , double the size of the deck and park a quad half way between the ball and axle? As with most custom projects, that may be worth less than the base trailer he started with.

on the side view the original trailer looks to be complete. So if it is the 5x8 $970 plus tax new. I’m willing to go $500 and take it back to norma.

1647019897447.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom