The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 311 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

First gen ...think there are better ones out there.....but you actually might be correct. Mimico you got SUCH A DEAL ;-)
Lucky me I guess! Bike is good. Still in pieces and I’ll get to those shims within this month as time to start buttoning things up.

Got the bike apart…basement leaked.

Fixed basement 70% and gallbladder leaked.

Gallbladder gone, basement at 80%, then return to bike.

What do you guys think about this one? It has been up for 3 months and more than 1400 views. I contacted them it is still available. With all the accessories seemed like a good bargain.
Used 2011 Kawasaki Versys 650 Adventure Tourer | Sport Touring | St. Catharines | Kijiji
This one turned out a non ABS version.

Found a 2009 v-strom 650, no extras at all, still 3000 km, sill factory tires and asking $5100.

What do you guys think? Tires are 13 years old probably need change. How much extra will cost me if I want to add panniers, top case, hand guards, heated grips, engine guards, extra lighting and tires if necessary? Just need an average idea about the cost to compare with another listing which is 2012 v-strom 3000 km $7000 with some accessories included already.

Found a 2009 v-strom 650, no extras at all, still 3000 km, sill factory tires and asking $5100.

What do you guys think? Tires are 13 years old probably need change. How much extra will cost me if I want to add panniers, top case, hand guards, heated grips, engine guards, extra lighting and tires if necessary? Just need an average idea about the cost to compare with another listing which is 2012 v-strom 3000 km $7000 with some accessories included already.
Hard luggage and racks: ~$1000 (could get these used for less - I've never had to buy cases new)
Handguards: ~$130 (Barkbuster Storms)
Heated Grips ~$130 (Oxford)
Engine Guards: ~$200 (Givi)
Lighting - completely variable by how good quality you purchase ~$150 - 200 for something decent
Tires: $400 or you can buy Shinko's. I'm guessing those 13 yr old tires will be pretty hard.

I'd try to bring the 2009 down to around $4k and pass on the 2012, but that's only because I think the 2nd gen VStrom is uglier than the 1st gen, which I did not know could be done. That said, what accessories does the 2012 have?

Hard luggage and racks: ~$1000 (could get these used for less - I've never had to buy cases new)
Handguards: ~$130 (Barkbuster Storms)
Heated Grips ~$130 (Oxford)
Engine Guards: ~$200 (Givi)
Lighting - completely variable by how good quality you purchase ~$150 - 200 for something decent
Tires: $400 or you can buy Shinko's. I'm guessing those 13 yr old tires will be pretty hard.

I'd try to bring the 2009 down to around $4k and pass on the 2012, but that's only because I think the 2nd gen VStrom is uglier than the 1st gen, which I did not know could be done. That said, what accessories does the 2012 have?
Me too, definitely needs new tires.

So $1000+bags extra cost but of course this only includes parts. Also will need to be installed, at least lighting, heated grips and tires… extra cost right? Do you have any idea?

Still pending reply from 2012 one. Will update here.

Me too, definitely needs new tires.

So $1000+bags extra cost but of course this only includes parts. Also will need to be installed, at least lighting, heated grips and tires… extra cost right? Do you have any idea?

Still pending reply from 2012 one. Will update here.
you install luggage racks, engine guards and hand guards very easily. Slightly harder is the lights and heated grips. Slightly harder is the tires.

If you have a garage, maybe spend money on tools and then you will pay for all the tools by doing the work yourself.

You might also need to change the fluids on the bike if it's been sitting a while.

you install luggage racks, engine guards and hand guards very easily. Slightly harder is the lights and heated grips. Slightly harder is the tires.

If you have a garage, maybe spend money on tools and then you will pay for all the tools by doing the work yourself.

You might also need to change the fluids on the bike if it's been sitting a while.
Owner wrote it was serviced last year, new battery, oil/filter. Can it still pass safety when tires are old but treads are good? Do you also have the same generation Vstrom?

Last edited:
Owner wrote it was serviced last year, new battery, oil/filter. Can it still pass safety when tires are old but treads are good? Do you also have the same generation Vstrom?
Yes I have the same gen VStrom - mine is a 2010 which I bought in 2019 with around 20k on it.

It might pass the safety with the old tires if the tread is good - which it should be at only 3000km. All depends on the mechanic looking at the bike and if they deem it to be a hazard. I think there is a thread somewhere on here which outlines exactly what mechanics look for when doing safety’s. I can’t specifically recall if tire age was one of the items.

I recall not liking the stock tires to begin with, so I would think they will only be worse with age.

And gone

Sent using a thumb maybe 2
Not surprising at all. Good price, bike, and deal.

I think that’s the kind of bike I’d snap up. But right now trailer lights don’t work, and I can’t lift **** for the next few weeks.

... only because I think the 2nd gen VStrom is uglier than the 1st gen, which I did not know could be done. That said, what accessories does the 2012 have?
Ugly? Ouch! Maybe this year I'll have to let you see her from behind instead of in your rear view.

Based on gas prices this might be a good year to pickup a cheap small cc bike. I have a couple of vintage enduros, my little 125 4 stroke is great around the city and gets almost 100MPG.

Based on gas prices this might be a good year to pickup a cheap small cc bike. I have a couple of vintage enduros, my little 125 4 stroke is great around the city and gets almost 100MPG.
I've been thinking the same thing...it'll be about $30ish to fill my 17L tank with premium, and it doesn't go very far. Works out worse than my car lol. I'm seriously considering a Honda Navi as a daily, and keep my FZ8 as a weekend toy. 109cc 2L/100km on regular gas, can hit 80kmh which is good enough for the commute. Just over 3k tax in and under 300/yr insurance as a second bike.

I've been thinking the same thing...it'll be about $30ish to fill my 17L tank with premium, and it doesn't go very far. Works out worse than my car lol. I'm seriously considering a Honda Navi as a daily, and keep my FZ8 as a weekend toy. 109cc 2L/100km on regular gas, can hit 80kmh which is good enough for the commute. Just over 3k tax in and under 300/yr insurance as a second bike.
No love for the GROM?

No love for the GROM?
I love the new GROM! Side by side they are about the same size, Navi has that cool storage box under the gas tank though, GROM would definitely be more fun but I'm looking at it strictly as an economical move....the GROM is about 2k more, and knowing how I am and how insanely huge the aftermarket is for it I can see myself spending 10k upgrading it lol...that would defeat the point of the whole thing. 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom