The "Official" Watch Thread and all Things Horological | Page 83 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The "Official" Watch Thread and all Things Horological

I always thought Breitlings screamed I-fly-a-restored-P-51!!! My doc's Super Ocean on milanese is nice and understated, though.

I always thought Breitlings screamed I-fly-a-restored-P-51!!! My doc's Super Ocean on milanese is nice and understated, though.
If you fly a restored P-51, a breitling is probably your cheap beater watch. 1M USD up front and ~4200 USD per hour to fly. You could buy a breitling instead of starting your plane.

View attachment 70129View attachment 70130

To today’s consideration, I finally pulled an 80s Brietling out and put it back into service . It’s enormous on the wrist , like some rapper jewelry.

And as treat for me I bought a new Rotary dive watch , automatic Henley . I needed a watch with a splash of red .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
That Breitling is so big it appears to need two crowns? Also, the amount of numerals on that dial is a real achievement. All that said, I really like it, which is not usual for watches like that...

Digging the Rotary. That skeletonised minutes hand is bang on.

Left crown is probably internal bezel for the calculator.

You need two rotating bezels for the slide rule on a true flight watch. They're both external on my Kinetic Flightmaster.

AP1GczOcqA7_90dfu45Faw5ynp3xx7SZ3JcyT51sGdyUiCGtfV9USpMK2gsfizOqH8gdt822JId0Oz3MO2tnkj2Hy2vowAuRfRBXNwsUmqxJQvaw-BR1Icv5YzDEaNtBoHMDgpzFUTn601ovhyrNsmdEfGrD=w415-h599-s-no-gm

Back
Top Bottom