The Bad Riders of Ontario Thread | Page 32 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Riders of Ontario Thread

Whoops. Expensive lesson day for this guy.

448632507_3833086720304373_4651596954783646362_n.jpg

18-year-old male from Castleton being charged with the following:
- Operate unsafe vehicle
- Operate a motor vehicle without insurance
- Fail to wear proper helmet on motorcycle
- Driver fail to surrender licence
- Drive motor vehicle, no permit
- Drive motor vehicle, no plates
- Drive without proper headlight – motorcycle
- No odometer
- Drive motor vehicle – improper licence
- Fail to notify change of address – licence.

- Operate unsafe vehicle
- No odometer
Somebody ****** off the cop.

- Operate unsafe vehicle
- No odometer

I had to look up where Castleton is (middle of nowhere). The neighbours probably would have given him some leeway to ride that thing around town without too much trouble if there had been even a token effort to put a muffler on it. Somebody called that one in for sure.

Not having a license / not being able to afford car insurance when you're 18 in Castleton is going to suck.

I had to look up where Castleton is (middle of nowhere). The neighbours probably would have given him some leeway to ride that thing around town without too much trouble if there had been even a token effort to put a muffler on it. Somebody called that one in for sure.

Not having a license / not being able to afford car insurance when you're 18 in Castleton is going to suck.
The post is getting thousands of comments. Most say leave the kid alone and go catch real criminals. Many say that it is 49cc and therefore exempt from all of these tickets (I think that hasn't worked for decades). A lot say the kid deserved it for riding on the road.

Edit:
Assuming his record is clean, I would hope they drop the crazy expensive charges (ie no insurance) in a plea deal. Smack him around a little and teach him a lesson but don't do him hard and dry. There was no crash this time so lack of insurance was a statistical/theoretical issue not a real issue where there was damage and nobody with money to cover it.

The kid probably didn't know that "yes sir... no sir" is the best way to deal with a traffic stop.
Quite likely. Also very likely they were spouting off about 49cc needs nothing, go catch real criminals, etc. Fufo.

And it looks like in the opposing lane. And through an intersection with almost everybody turning left in front of him. There seems to be very little braining involved in the whole ordeal.
My first bike and major learning curve was about as dumb. I had the excuse of a simpler licencing system. None of this sissy graduated stuff.

Traffic was heavy going the other way on a side street and a guy was trying to edge his way into a left turn from another side street. I had enough room to squeeze through so carried on just as he saw a break in the traffic.

I looked down to my right to see his bumper coming at my right leg. I've never done the feet per second / distance from disaster calculations but never did the squeeze bit again. I don't know who had the tighter sphincter moment, him or me.

Re the video, I find the camera distorts distance and time. A lot of time one asks why didn't they stop.

The post is getting thousands of comments. Most say leave the kid alone and go catch real criminals. Many say that it is 49cc and therefore exempt from all of these tickets (I think that hasn't worked for decades). A lot say the kid deserved it for riding on the road.

Edit:
Assuming his record is clean, I would hope they drop the crazy expensive charges (ie no insurance) in a plea deal. Smack him around a little and teach him a lesson but don't do him hard and dry. There was no crash this time so lack of insurance was a statistical/theoretical issue not a real issue where there was damage and nobody with money to cover it.
I think you stop the kid, scare/educate him with the list of charges and the likely consequences, then send him on his way to walk his homemade minibike. Next time you let him have it (perhaps this was the next time).

That contraption looks to have a 5HP engine - probably weighs 150lbs and hits 30KMH flat out.

Quite likely. Also very likely they were spouting off about 49cc needs nothing, go catch real criminals, etc. Fufo.
That motor would be about 200cc, 5-6.5 HP in good tune.

- Operate unsafe vehicle
- No odometer
I don't like all these charges stacked up on something that is obviously not a roadworthy vehicle. If the 70 y/o neighbour rides their lawnmower a quarter of the block down the street to put gas in it, would they get written up the same way?

Not sure about out your way but it's now legal to ride your ATV or SxS in town here.
I'm fine if you're plated and insured. Why do ebikes get a pass? Was that a Wynn thing??

It's a cop thing - way too much work to bust someone unless they're doing something else stupid at the same time.
Partly Wynne and partly cops. Cops don't want to deal with evaluating the legality of the dui machine they have pulled over (with a high probability of the rider being drunk and without much money). Dui mobiles getting exempted from consequences is bad for everybody. Ebike definition should change to max weight of 80 lbs and motor can only supplement leg power. That kills almost all dui mobiles overnight.

EDIT:
I have no problem with DUI mobiles remaining legal but they should be classified and controlled as the LSM's they are. If the only way to move it is with motor power, it shouldn't matter where the dinosaurs are burned.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom