The Bad Riders of Ontario Thread | Page 34 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Riders of Ontario Thread

Unlicensed uninsured electric motorcycle in Kingston. We have a couple I've seen here on the pedestrian bridge.
Talk to a cop about these things and they don't enforce because of the lack of direction from the politicians.

Can we simplify the legality of these things?

While moving they come under the HTA. When parked let the municipal politicians pretend to have guts.

Many of these E-things are approved on a trial basis but subject to municipal acceptance. All an unsuspecting person hears from the salesman is the Ontario approval, no insurance or licence needed.

How many people need to die before the wimps in power grow some guts. The absolute minimum would be an equivalent to the boater's card that points out some basic laws.

1) Can't be ridden on sidewalks

2) Minimum age

3) Acknowledgement of liability if un-insured.

4) Maximum speed and consequences of modifications.

5) Capacity in weight and numbers

6) Registration (In some states you have to register a canoe so it's not the end of the world. Make the seller do it.)

Add some more

Also coming to a street near you:

Are microcars legal in Canada?

However, they do not meet the federal Motor Vehicle Safety Act standards and therefore are currently not permitted on Ontario roads. As announced in Ontario's 2023 Budget, the ministry is considering enabling the use of these vehicles on-road in an Ontario municipality, provided that they pass a by-law.Apr 24, 2023

P.S. It appears to be getting worse.

Last edited:
14 yo causing trouble on a dirtbike. Long list of charges. Is there a new directive where cops bend over people when riding homebuilt or China bikes?

Teen:​

• Careless driving
  • Not properly insured
  • Unlawfully driving off-road vehicle on the highway
  • Fail to report an accident
  • No driver's license
  • No number plate showing permit number
  • No ORV (Off-Road Vehicle) Permit

Father:​

• Adult permitted a person under 16 to drive
  • Adult permitted unlicensed person to drive a motor vehicle
  • Adult permitted motor vehicle to be operated without insurance

Last edited:
Me on my bike, stopped at the lights SB on McCowan just north of Hwy 7. Red Ducati SS pulls up beside me, South Asian guy with a manbun/pony tail, with a girl on the pillion also no helmet. Moron looks over at me like it's nothing. WTF...

Me on my bike, stopped at the lights SB on McCowan just north of Hwy 7. Red Ducati SS pulls up beside me, South Asian guy with a manbun/pony tail, with a girl on the pillion also no helmet. Moron looks over at me like it's nothing. WTF...

Maybe he identifies as Sikh.

Looks like an unmarked parked on the curb in front. Followed, pulled over immediately - someone is in a whole lotta trouble.

You are living in a fantasy world, trouble? What trouble, this is Canada, over milion dollars in stolen cars recovered, the whole gang arrested and next day they walked away free on " promise to appear". And you are telling me that one redneck from Collingwood will get punished for his short joyride. Not happening, not here.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I might be an old man yelling a clouds, but...
Those riders I saw just now on the QEW near Mississauga Road had to be going 180kmh, weaving in and out between cars... Dark, crappy pavement, who knows what construction crap lying in the road
Faaawwwwwwk....

Red/white/silver ducati hit a cop and ran in Toronto. For those with similar bikes, expect a very high heat score in Toronto for the near future.

Got him. As expected, charged to the moon for touching a cop. With representation, he may have a decent chance of beating the dangerous charge (depending on what else is on cop bodycam).

"Khalid Patrick Idris, 34, of Toronto, was arrested on Wednesday and charged with dangerous operation of a conveyance cause bodily harm and fail to stop at scene of accident cause bodily harm.

He is also charged under the Highway Traffic Act and Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act with fail to stop when signaled or requested to do so by police, drive motor vehicle – improper licence, and owner operate motor vehicle on highway no insurance."

He is also charged under the Highway Traffic Act and Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act with fail to stop when signaled or requested to do so by police, drive motor vehicle – improper licence, and owner operate motor vehicle on highway no insurance."
Shocked - shocked I say ! Sportbike jellyfish riding dirty, who woulda thought ?

Another alleged hit and run on a cop by a bike.

image.jpg

Police have posted a video now:

Thinking it's an '06-07 R6 with a fairing kit like this and an Impaktech crash cash & subcage

Chit show in barrie last night. Witnesses report two bikes going well over 100. First bike hits a pedestrian crossing the road. Second bike also hits the pedestrian and possibly the first bike as well. Riders stayed to take their lumps. Respect for that.

Re: the shooting on the weekend at Warden and Danforth, victim was a 64 year old man.
TPS has reason to believe the shooter was riding a motorcycle - certainly a person of interest.
The blurry surveillance photo I saw looks like a dark coloured mid-2000s Kawasaki ZX600 (not an R) but it's really hard to tell.
Rider was dressed top to bottom in dark coloured clothing.
You know who to call....

Back
Top Bottom