Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 452 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

In spite of what the seller suggests, this is an electric motorcycle.
Blame wynnebag. That style of ebike should never have existed. I still wonder how much emmo paid her to rubber stamp dui machines. It's a little hard to tell if there are pedals somewhere on that thing. The dealership is in Toronto and advertises them as no license or insurance required.

Seriously ?
"If you think about it, it's in decent shape". Ha. He's partly right. It is in decent shape for scrap. I agree with you, price is really high for what he's selling. I was surprised there wasn't more discussion of "custom" and "invested".

Maybe tell TPS to stop by and have a look ?
For what? According to every police department, fraud is a civil matter. If bikes are in the showroom, they are legal there. If cops cared, they could probably hand out $6000 in tickets to each employee as they rode in but that nails the bottom of the food chain.

• Angry
Reactions: TK4

Oh my..... somebody's underwater.

View attachment 69301
Saw that. Crazy.

Someone posted that a 2024, from Harley, with all the go fast parts (fast...lol), $65 grand??? Still beyond insane.

Some said "you can tell the wife its listed"

Apparently this meat-heads not married..

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Oh my..... somebody's underwater.

View attachment 69301
I lived in a rooming house with the parts manager of a Harley dealer at one time. Some people would come in every paycheck to buy a few more Harley logo bolts or chromed baubles. The total amount poured into many of the bikes with zero increase in resale value made him sad.

Part of why I don't think I could ever work in a dealership again. I would be like "Okay, I'll sell you this thing you want, but first you have to watch my five minute youtube video on making fiscally responsible choices".

Pretty sure my boss would cringe watching me cringe while doing credit checks on people, knowing the voice inside my head was screaming "IF YOU CAN'T BUY IT IN CASH YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT GET THE **** OUT NOW"

At 81K he better not be in a rush...
I knew a guy with multiple 100K+ HD's in the back of his warehouse. Most were his buddies. They went nuts and when they got bored and realized there was no way to get their money back out of them they semi-abandoned them. I think he eventually bought them for twenty cents on the dollar. That was market price and at least a buddy got a deal instead of a stranger.

I knew a guy with multiple 100K+ HD's in the back of his warehouse. Most were his buddies. They went nuts and when they got bored and realized there was no way to get their money back out of them they semi-abandoned them. I think he eventually bought them for twenty cents on the dollar. That was market price and at least a buddy got a deal instead of a stranger.
I'm sure they are not alone. Heck my HD has sat all this year due to other responsibilities. If I were to sell it it would be a difficult sell and most likely at a larger than normal loss... Also 99.9% stock... I've learned my lesson... lol

I'm sure they are not alone. Heck my HD has sat all this year due to other responsibilities. If I were to sell it it would be a difficult sell and most likely at a larger than normal loss... Also 99.9% stock... I've learned my lesson... lol
Now that you mention it I have seen quite a number of PanAm's selling at pretty low prices, and of course some asking near what they paid.

Now that you mention it I have seen quite a number of PanAm's selling at pretty low prices, and of course some asking near what they paid.
Yep, While a very good motorcycle it is by no means a popular one in Ontario/Canada.
I was well aware of this when I purchased it, as long as replacement parts are made for it, I don't really mind.
I'm by no means a HD fan boy, don't own a single T-Shirt, so I can see both sides of HD and their customers..

Yep, While a very good motorcycle it is by no means a popular one in Ontario/Canada.
I was well aware of this when I purchased it, as long as replacement parts are made for it, I don't really mind.
I'm by no means a HD fan boy, don't own a single T-Shirt, so I can see both sides of HD and their customers..
I have the same attitude.
I bought my 2018 KTM 1090R in 2019 for $13K. It still has the right amount of technology for my tastes, has great and infinitely adjustable suspension, is plenty powerful for me, handles well and is really versatile. I've spent some money to make it full tank comfortable (450km) with a corbin seat, lowered pegs, touring screen and some highway pegs that land under my calf so I can stretch out my arthritic knees from time to time. From online reading it appears to be the most reliable of the LC8's, perhaps because of the limited tech and I've seen quite a few high mileage ones.
Like you, I'd expect to take a bit of a bath on it if I were to sell it or trade it so I might as well continue to ride it and enjoy the journeys.

I do however, have an HD long sleeve T-shirt. From the now defunct dealer in Peterborough where I took my FXR in for service once. Great place with EXCELLENT techs and sales staff. Of course corporate would close it.

Of the 30 odd vehicles, cars, bikes, trucks, I have owned, I never thought about their resale value, only what I needed/wanted.
But that being said, one bike was sold to my brother, one car sold cert. to someone, one car sold for the motor & tranny to be transplanted, the rest car went scrap.
All the rest were totally used up & went for scrap.
I buy for me, not resale value to someone else.

Of the 30 odd vehicles, cars, bikes, trucks, I have owned, I never thought about their resale value, only what I needed/wanted.
But that being said, one bike was sold to my brother, one car sold cert. to someone, one car sold for the motor & tranny to be transplanted, the rest car went scrap.
True enough, but unless you're in that frame of mind when you buy it it can be quite a shock when you find NOBODY wants what you're selling.

Looking at Buell (blast at least) and Hyosung owners in particular.

The "bath" I would take for example were I to sell my bike now would be somewhat mitigated by how much fun I've had with it, but the bike's got a long life ahead and I'm fortunate that I will never need to sell it.

As @Evoex likes to say, I'm a fickle mofo. I used to change cars and bikes every year, sometimes multiple times within a year. I'd be homeless if I never considered resale value.

As @Evoex likes to say, I'm a fickle mofo. I used to change cars and bikes every year, sometimes multiple times within a year. I'd be homeless if I never considered resale value.
But you're not doing it like Evoex, or BigPoppa...

Used bikes, and always looking for a deal. No brand new at msrp for you! At least not now-adays

Too many projects too, that "only need" a few minor things.

How long has that rsv4 been sitting?

Sxv's? (Plural... lol)
Diavel?

Got a project you want to sell to a buddy?! I'm short one streetbike!

Edit: don't forget the hawks at your parents place...
Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

True enough, but unless you're in that frame of mind when you buy it it can be quite a shock when you find NOBODY wants what you're selling.

Looking at Buell (blast at least) and Hyosung owners in particular.

The "bath" I would take for example were I to sell my bike now would be somewhat mitigated by how much fun I've had with it, but the bike's got a long life ahead and I'm fortunate that I will never need to sell it.
Just for giggles I made an offer which I thought was realistic for a Buell Blast on FB marketplace of $500.
It had a shifting problem (stuck in gear), could have been something cheap or something expensive.
The owner thought I was trying to steal it out from underneath him.
For $500 I would have sold tickets and we could have had a bike smash.

Back
Top Bottom