Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 451 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

Muscle.jpg

Has anyone, every used the words Virago and muscle in the same sentence before?

Of course.... just needs the carbs cleaned.... :ROFLMAO:

Seems to be making contradictory statements:
"I collected these and just don't have time to ride them all"
Maybe "these" are marginal bikes that I didn't want to own when new and sure as hell don't want to own now.

Some marketing guy at Yamaha had a good sense of humor when he had the inspiration for the moniker midnight special.
The US market even had a black and gold monstrosity in a two stroke 50cc version rx50 FWIW.

Oh look.... another chopper that the owner thinks is worth more than scrap value....

Dumb.jpg

Spied this listed in bicycles. Wasn't there some trials aficionado 'round here?
Not too sure if the price is ridiculous or not.
Never fails to amaze me the amount of motorcycles and motorcycle gear that ends up listed in the bicycle category on kijiji.

Never fails to amaze me the amount of motorcycles and motorcycle gear that ends up listed in the bicycle category on kijiji.
A rare one for sure - I don't think the price is out of line.
The only issue might be spare parts, I don't think they were made too long or in any great numbers.

@Wingboy used to do vintage trials. Now his daughter does and he runs modern bikes.

They are a great vintage bike. I had two of them away back when. One was a "Beamish" made in England with 431 frame and aluminum tank.
That is a very good price. Parts are easy to find.

They are a great vintage bike. I had two of them away back when. One was a "Beamish" made in England with 431 frame and aluminum tank.
That is a very good price. Parts are easy to find.
I've often wondered how much of an issue parts are for old trials bikes like this one, the Yamaha TY's, the Honda TL's and the Kawasaki one. I'd imagine that they all share engine parts with some enduro models and with the low speed nature of trials riding I wouldn't think stuff would wear out that much. Perhaps dents, scratches and breaks from dropping the bike but how much wear aside bearings, seals and bushings would there be?

I've often wondered how much of an issue parts are for old trials bikes like this one, the Yamaha TY's, the Honda TL's and the Kawasaki one. I'd imagine that they all share engine parts with some enduro models and with the low speed nature of trials riding I wouldn't think stuff would wear out that much. Perhaps dents, scratches and breaks from dropping the bike but how much wear aside bearings, seals and bushings would there be?
The RL motor is the same as the dual sport TS model. Trials bikes top ends last forever. And if needed,Wiseco would have one. Brake shoes might be the only thing that is tough to find.

but how much wear aside bearings, seals and bushings would there be
Bearings, seals and bushes are usually off the shelf components and easily sourced.
Problems are gears and to a lesser extent, cranks and cams... but still doable
CNC has made single piston purchase possible (order 6 pistons, it's a lot cheaper)
La Sleeve will make you a cylinder liner for anything, even cast in liners
Total Seal has rings for almost anything... and if they don't have 'em, they'll make 'em
Brake shoes can be re-lined (talk to Brian Henderson), brake DRUMS? You're hooped.
Castings can be welded

... anything else?
Keeping old stuff going isn't as hard as it's made out to be... once you get before about the '70s, most of the OEM parts were made on a conventional machine... so if you have access to a conventional machine shop, you can reproduce almost anything

Maybe NOT cheap, but doable

Back
Top Bottom