Riding Down Under - Tropical Cairns Australia | Page 82 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding Down Under - Tropical Cairns Australia

The gods are tempting me.
Have a solid bite on the CB300 at 3200.
This is around at 4k negotiable. :unsure:
Screen Shot 2024-09-27 at Sep, 27    2024    6.59.09 AM.jpg
Because you need an open license to ride that here there it is less marketable and this is an off pavement area - road bikes not in such high demand.
Owner jumped the price to $5000 as I was watching....oh well.

Sold the 300 ...have cash in hand. Now what do I get ...- can use the eBike for the moment but....:unsure:

2016 Yamaha 250 virago
1727409586695.png
very low klms, engine crash bar fitted, saddlebags, tacho, upsized front and rear sprockets plus new chain fitted.
never had a cruiser and it's RED!!!!

Tempting
2009 Triumph Street Triple R 675cc. Great bike never skipped a beat, bought for commuting to work but no longer needed. Past a road worthy at 29,000 but will renew for buyer.
1727413714615.png
Very tempting...but..more than I have ( or need )

Last edited:
Life in the tropics.
Settled in to watch a 1958 Western The Big Country and dog makes a dash for the back door ( our living area is entired crim screened so can see and hear everything going on in the back yard. ).
Had the backyard light on and noticed something largish making a commotion in the trees - had to be fair size as branches were moving about...could not see anything, dogs eyes were pinned on it. Now this and not a breath of wind.
So settled back to the movie and even through earphones I hear this yowling like someone killing a cat but above the house. Went on for a few minutes too.
Best I can figure is a house cat tangled with a python and got et. :rolleyes:

Partner had a good size python trying to come in the window in the bedroom after the resident white lipped frog which come and go from the house which has openings near the roof ( shoo the birdwings out ).
There's picture somewhere with she and daughter holding a 3m snakeskin found in the backyard. When a python is about the feral cats don't last long (y)

Now back to finding a motorcycle.

Sold the 300 ...have cash in hand. Now what do I get ...- can use the eBike for the moment but....:unsure:

2016 Yamaha 250 virago
View attachment 69974

never had a cruiser and it's RED!!!!

Tempting

View attachment 69975
Very tempting...but..more than I have ( or need )
When I did a motorcycle course they had either a virago or marauder 250. I said it sounded like an angry grasshopper. One lady took great offence as apparently she had one at home. a 250 cruiser would be almost at the bottom of my list of bikes. Everything I don't like and almost nothing I like.

Street triple looks like fun. Is your brain and body up for it? I am decades younger and notice how much my skills and reactions have degraded already.

Oh yeah ...I'd love to have the triple for fun but I've been steadily downsizing in power will be sensible.
1727469982803.png

This plain jane might work for me.
A bit more power, long lived model ( 37 years !!! )
It's similar to my KLR but lower.
Not sure about kickstart only tho. Like thumpers.
Slightly better fuel use, bit more speed no abs is a downer. Worth a look. Really want a 250 vstrom.

The hunt goes on.

Last edited:
Now this has some protential.
1727478782686.png

2013 KTM Duke 390 that’s done just under 12000km for $3,799 ride away with 6 month rego.

and that is from my regular dealer. Same weight fueled as the CB300F

43 HP vs 30 on the Honda....that's a decent jump. Going to take it for a ride on Monday,
SLightly smaller tank ....11L vs 13 on the Honda and 10% higher fuel consumption but the extra power is a real draw.
There is a Shad topcase solution for it available tho I don't like the look.( didn't like it on the Honda either ) Might be able to get by with my 20/23 Ltr tank bag tho need something for the laptop..not a deal breaker,.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom