Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 240 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

Always a redeeming virtue

Good cast, true story. The last Daniel Craig movie before his Bond run...enjoyable flick with sad subject.

Last edited:
There is a National Park series on Youtube that are delightful ...this one I learned a whole lot. ( I'd been to others but not to this )
No ads thanks to Brave.

I always overlook these and Roger Ebert site set me straight
Very good production values. Had not realized Andy Serkis was engaged with this franchise.
There is an Avator feel to the spectacular landscape. 🍿 On Disney
I really enjoyed that - decent story but amazing film tech. Guess I will watch the others.

The special effects on this film made me forget I was watching a whole bunch of animated talking apes. It was awesome.

And I still don't know which ones were Serkis in an ape suit and how many were straight up CGI.
Good read here and $5 a year for WIred is a deal./
That orang was astonishing.

Deadpool and Wolverine - I thought the other Deadpool movies were too childish but this one was excellent with some great lines and characters.

The trailer for "Living" sort of reminds me of a serious take on the old British sitcom "The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin." English office funtionary realizes that he's pretty much wasted his life and starts searching for a way to actually live.

Watched Twisters, really kinda meh, and with new movies I think they take things too far. I guess no more tornado's?

Then went and re-watched Twister, was good until the third act, then it kinda fell apart a bit. Not great movie, but it was better.

After watching that, I felt Twisters was just a remake with a couple of things re-arranged and less interesting characters (who had zero chemistry).

The Killer. Not the 2023 Michael Fassbender The Killer. The 2024 John Woo homage/reimagining to his original Hong Kong bloodbath Trilogy's The Killer. Usual John Woo stylized wire gunfight sequences, car crashes, and blood. Fun watch, especially if you like the Trilogy.

MV5BNzFlYmExM2QtZWNkYi00MTdiLWE4YmQtNjJkYTMzY2IzMWNiXkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_.jpg

The Killer. Not the 2023 Michael Fassbender The Killer. The 2024 John Woo homage/reimagining to his original Hong Kong bloodbath Trilogy's The Killer. Usual John Woo stylized wire gunfight sequences, car crashes, and blood. Fun watch, especially if you like the Trilogy.

MV5BNzFlYmExM2QtZWNkYi00MTdiLWE4YmQtNjJkYTMzY2IzMWNiXkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_.jpg
I'm planning on giving it a watch but, to me, Chow Yun-Fat will always be The Killer.

I think it is really the lead cast that notches the original Twisters up and we've lost two of them already plus Helen Hunt seems to have disappeared after a wonderful revival.
Philip Seymour Hoffman was such a powerhouse...what a tragic loss to cinema.
Tough act to follow as the CG was good enough at the time.
Screen Shot 2024-08-26 at Aug, 26    2024    2.24.14 PM.jpg
Twister is on Prime just now. 🍿
Hunt is a gorgeous woman.
pacing is great as is the music. Great mix of humour and drama.

What a fine movie...really enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Yeah the cast in Twister was great, the 2 leads really carried the movie very well, but the support cast also brought it together. Philip's "Dusty" character was memorable, and there was that guy from Farris Buller there Alan Ruck.

I think with the FX being just enough they had to try harder to make it convincing or do more with the story, whereas today they can do anything and makes it too easy for them. I found the establishing shots of the weather/storms more interesting then the new movie. It appears they use real shots, but who knows it could have been CGI. There is this great little transition in Twister with a closeup on a satellite moving out to a wide shot, then fading into the weather lab. It's a neat creative device to give the movie that extra touch.

Watched this the other night, was in a backlog of stuff

What a weird movie, I think they tried to avoid the stereotypical telling of this kind situation, which made the whole movie awkward for lack of better words. There is also this scene where Jennifer Lawrence is fully naked which, is so odd and ineffective. You'd think with her full reveal they would have handled it better. The only saving grace was supporting cast of the kids parents, and the friends of Jen's character.

Interesting that I can watch this complete film on Youtube without ads via Brave browser. Decent feed too.
There is a selection of movies free and some to rent or purchase.
It says on the site with ads but the Brave browser nukes them seamlessly. (y)
Good cast Ed Harris and Colin Farrell as leads.
This movie was inspired by the memoir of Slavomir Rawicz depicting his escape from a Siberian gulag and subsequent four thousand-mile walk to freedom in India. Incredibly popular, it sold over five hundred thousand copies, and is credited with inspiring many explorers.

Interesting that I can watch this complete film on Youtube without ads via Brave browser. Decent feed too.
There is a selection of movies free and some to rent or purchase.
It says on the site with ads but the Brave browser nukes them seamlessly. (y)
Good cast Ed Harris and Colin Farrell as leads.
If you use a VPN set it to Moldavia apparently YT doesn't bless them with ads

Nother freebie and top notch movie I might have recommended before

available free on Youtube and if you view it on Brave browser there are no ads.

Terrific cast and great story - an excellent Le Carre derivative.

another YT freebie ...Ed Harris...good reviews Viggo Mortenson too

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom