Pickup Trucks | Page 29 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pickup Trucks

Amazing how different tires affect the ride quality. I put some Cooper Road and Trail tires on partially for more rugged looks, partially for better snow and rain performance. With the oem tires the truck had a floaty feel and now it rides firm and planted.
With the stock tires in the back on the way back home I still had room to pick up a dozen hydrangeas and a Japanese Maple in the back. I do love having a truck again.

Attachments

• IMG_5837.jpeg
    IMG_5837.jpeg
    336.9 KB · Views: 6
Meanwhile they allow "light truck" exemptions to bypass a ton of safety and emissions requirements.
Not anymore. The under 4500kg trucks (half tons) are basically passenger cars now, which is why even the cheap ones aren't cheap anymore. The four door trucks have to pass the same intrusion test as a passenger car, and a pick up will SHINE in a frontal crash test (there's a lot of stuff up front... it's a truck)
The KEI cars and trucks won't pass crash tests, there's no crumple zone. You get hit in the front in a KEI truck your legs are crushed

I was having this discussion recently when looking at Mavericks.

An option would be to keep the GTI, and just buy an old Ranger or small truck and use it when needed.

Of course at that stage…I may as well just rent from HD or somewhere else on an as needed basis.

Right now the GTI has 120kg of mortar in the back…and you can really feel the weight.

I couldn’t fit more bricks into the back so will have to make another trip as wife needed her Ody yesterday.

AND gas mileage
Indeed. The ones I chose aren’t LT and although they look the part they aren’t meant for hard off-road so they’re still as light as the oem ones so mileage is unaffected (currently 21mpg in mixed spirited driving).

Indeed. The ones I chose aren’t LT and although they look the part they aren’t meant for hard off-road so they’re still as light as the oem ones so mileage is unaffected (currently 21mpg in mixed spirited driving).
Our 22 Chevy 1/2 ton rolls on Firestone 10ply M/T LT work tires. Can't beat the traction and puncture resistance, loud AF.

No difference in MPG from the OE Goodyear Wranglers. The average fuel consumption is 14.0l/100KM mixed driving (unless we're towing).

Back
Top Bottom