Pickup Trucks | Page 26 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pickup Trucks

Tech stuff doesn't do anything for me. I don’t even use a cell phone.
But today, while driving home from golfing, I enjoyed the vented seats in the Ridgeline as we were sweating like hell.
I know that's something the Maverick left out.
No clue if the kia has it or not. Will never buy one.
The tech stuff is useful for safety more than anything. We all think we don't need it until we do. Blind spot, cross traffic, lane keep, etc have all improved significantly and are way less intrusive. Of course, I suspect that have also contributed to the general stupidity on the roads I was crying about in another thread, but that's another thread...

Had the vented seats on max today. One of those features that seems like no biggie until you have it, then you can't live without it. Especially with leather seats that have turned into fajita platters in the sun of a shadowless parking lot...

Never actually experienced any of that junk. I have always been very clear that I will only be signing for exactly what was discussed and no I am not got to sit with the sales manager.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Went looking at a used car, made my offer and got the 'take it to the sales manager' pitch. Nope, either you can cut the deal or you can't - if you can't then why am I talking to you ? I walked.

On pickup day, "Oh, we accidentally installed the blinking red light to protect against rust, window etching, wheel locks and activated the extended warranty. Help me out so my boss doesn't fire me. Normally that would be 8K but I can give it to you for 5K".
Nope - you keep it, it isn't what I ordered. I'll wait.

Some other updates to the interior are much better, except the HVAC controls being on the touch screen. Its nonsense. Also, to get the truck I have now, options and packages, will be a significant increase dollar wise. Some things removed from previous packages and what not. Based on US pricing that's out, I would imagine my same spec +AWD would now be 45k cdn. Compared to $38k The truck is way overpriced now for a mid range XLT. I'll have to wait and see the new pricing.
I despise touch screens...

Never actually experienced any of that junk. I have always been very clear that I will only be signing for exactly what was discussed and no I am not got to sit with the sales manager.

Only ever had that on a Pontiac I bought 25yrs ago.
Dealership I bought my new F150 in May from was a pleasure to deal with. Zero extra fees, no admin fees, exact contract I signed when I factory ordered. Didn’t try to sell me on anything when I picked it up.

Only ever had that on a Pontiac I bought 25yrs ago.
Dealership I bought my new F150 in May from was a pleasure to deal with. Zero extra fees, no admin fees, exact contract I signed when I factory ordered. Didn’t try to sell me on anything when I picked it up.
That's the way it should be I wish more understood that

When I ordered the AWD 2.0 turbo XL Maverick the wait time was the same for all models, the Mexico plant couldn't keep up - 8 months.
That may be better now.
The only ones you find on the dealer lots are fully pimped, but I think that goes for just about anything.
2,000 lb. towing capacity is plenty for me, I'm getting 9.9L/100kms no matter how I drive (old man mode).
With the tailgate down I've got almost 6 feet - fit a friend's Ducati Monster in it no problem.
Yes, I wouldn't want to haul across Canada that way but from Collingwood to Toronto it was just fine.
Your results may differ...
I like the mileage. A couple of workmates have F150s with Ecoboost, I’m shocked at how much fuel they use, in daily driving my 15 year old RAM 1500 uses about the same.

I like the mileage. A couple of workmates have F150s with Ecoboost, I’m shocked at how much fuel they use, in daily driving my 15 year old RAM 1500 uses about the same.
I get 11 with my Sierra 10 seems kinda bad for a mini truck.

The tech stuff is useful for safety more than anything. We all think we don't need it until we do. Blind spot, cross traffic, lane keep, etc have all improved significantly and are way less intrusive. Of course, I suspect that have also contributed to the general stupidity on the roads I was crying about in another thread, but that's another thread...

Had the vented seats on max today. One of those features that seems like no biggie until you have it, then you can't live without it. Especially with leather seats that have turned into fajita platters in the sun of a shadowless parking lot...
I have suede steering wheel and seat inserts in the Benz. So far I am shocked with how nice it is getting into a vehicle that's been sitting in the sun all day. Suede is staying soooo cool.

I swore I'd never buy another vehicle without a heated steering wheel but I think I won't need it.

Riding in boost constantly will take all that engine economy and throw it far far down the street.

On the C43 I'm usually seeing 500ish a tank and I pretty much drive it like I stole it everywhere. Coming back from Smiths Falls Sunday evening I did 340kms from SF to my door and when I parked it showed over 1/2 a tank left with over 520kms remaining.

3.0 V6 bi-turbo

Riding in boost constantly will take all that engine economy and throw it far far down the street.

On the C43 I'm usually seeing 500ish a tank and I pretty much drive it like I stole it everywhere. Coming back from Smiths Falls Sunday evening I did 340kms from SF to my door and when I parked it showed over 1/2 a tank left with over 520kms remaining.

3.0 V6 bi-turbo
I average 6.2/100 in mi 1.4t manual 6 Cruze. 8 /100in my 2.4l 5m Patriot.

60/40 hwy/city.

3.0 V6 bi-turbo
Hold my beer, I’m over a 1000k in my VW hwy speed

When I fill up it says 960 to empty, it climbs upwards cruising on the hwy

That would be really pushing it. 300 is a more realistic number with the screws turned. His probably has 150 hp. The 90 hp predecessor had fuel mileage light years better.
reads 371 on the dash, so it must be true! 😁

Back
Top Bottom