Normal car recommendation…. | Page 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Normal car recommendation….

I always wish we had more wagon options.

Right now pickings are slim…unless you got lots of money for the German variants.
My Outback is a close as I could get without blowing the bank.
Great highway car.
Terrible off the line and switching from forward to reverse or reverse to forward can be measured in glacial times thanks to the CVT.

My Outback is a close as I could get without blowing the bank.
Great highway car.
Terrible off the line and switching from forward to reverse or reverse to forward can be measured in glacial times thanks to the CVT.
Forester and Outback are on the list as potential GTI replacements.

Impreza is nice but oh so gutless. Neighbour works at Subaru so he brought the CROSSTEK Badlands (?) edition. Nice but gutless even with the larger motor.

Buddy has a sweet V60 wagon, but those ain’t cheap in any way shape or form.

I always wish we had more wagon options.

Right now pickings are slim…unless you got lots of money for the German variants.
Even subaru ruined their wagons. Wife wanted one about 10 years ago and they were basically Suvs. Lots of ground clearance and a really tall box. She lost interest when she realized the outback or forester she had in her mind had been killed off.

Even subaru ruined their wagons. Wife wanted one about 10 years ago and they were basically Suvs. Lots of ground clearance and a really tall box. She lost interest when she realized the outback or forester she had in her mind had been killed off.
Yup, when you could get the Legacy wagon in standard were the glory days.

They are not coming back.

I have a 2015 Subaru Forester standard tranny, it is fun to drive and accelerates very well for the small 4 cyl. Good on gas too.
I went with an uncle at one point when he was test driving a forester. Holy f. I didn't expect it to have that much jam. It turns out it was the xt with almost double the hp of base engine (wrx engine in a forester). That explains it.

Yeah, the Forester with manual is only on the base 2.5 but, it’s still fun to row the gears over the cvt. The XT turbo does have some get up and go.

I’ve had a couple of Foresters and they put up with a lot. Even the CVT has programmed shifts to “pretend” to behave like a traditional auto.

Wife likes the visibility and high seating. Racked up 200k on two of them with only wear items needing done. No recalls or unplanned repairs.

Yeah, the Forester with manual is only on the base 2.5 but, it’s still fun to row the gears over the cvt. The XT turbo does have some get up and go.

I’ve had a couple of Foresters and they put up with a lot. Even the CVT has programmed shifts to “pretend” to behave like a traditional auto.

Wife likes the visibility and high seating. Racked up 200k on two of them with only wear items needing done. No recalls or unplanned repairs.
This was a bit older (+/- 2005 my) and overseas so it was XT manual RHD.

I went with an uncle at one point when he was test driving a forester. Holy f. I didn't expect it to have that much jam. It turns out it was the xt with almost double the hp of base engine (wrx engine in a forester). That explains it.
Mine is the touring version and not the XT (that would be more fun). The engine comes to life once you get over 5,000 RPM. I bought it used (105km) and found it burned so much oil, found it was on the recall list for thin piston rings. Subaru put a new short block on it, and while they were in there I had them replace the clutch (as insurance, it was fine) Still runs great and more importantly burns very little oil between changes.
I have around 220,000km on it now.

Back
Top Bottom