Nominate Future Collectible Motorcycles | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Nominate Future Collectible Motorcycles

Come on guys and gals, lets see pics of the nominations as well.

Good point, I'll update the rule list. Come on guys, post according to the rules...suggesting a model because it was limited is a good start but why was it limited? What was the significant purpose to it being limited? Some people may not know why there was a zx-7rr and what it had different from just a standard zx-7r. This can be very educating to many if we take the time to properly nominate. Who knows, someone may actually learn of a bike they never knew existed.

Yamaha SRX-6 / RZ500
Honda NS400R
Suzuki RG500

Wow.. can't believe we like the same bikes! I thought no one else likes the SRX-6..
I had own a RZ500 in the past and was awesome.. too bad 2 stokes are long and gone.

Ducati 916

916.jpg

Some neat bikes guys....

What about BMW's K1 series. Made in the late 80's early 90's and I have never seen one on the road.

800px-BMW_K1_blue_1993_r_TCE.jpg

Last edited:
Although a pretty recent bike, i think it can become a collectible item.

Mission Motors Mission-R
Mission-R-electric-motorcycle-Mission-Motors.jpg

Buell Blast, limited crushed edition signed by Erik Buell...so collectible you can only look at it.
PhotoID47777.jpg

I think the ZRX1200 will be really collectible in a few years. Nothing else really looks like it, and it's a big powerful bike.

Wouldn't be surprised if nice, original FZR1000 EXUP's became sought after. Was a bike well ahead of its' time - I can't think of a better liter bike until well into the '90s.

Could see some limited edition BMW's being sought - Boxer Cup R1150's, or K1300R's in certain color schemes?

The '98-01 VFR seems like it was a high water mark for Honda VFR's so I bet people will want them in time. I bet Honda could sell them if they made them today. The owners seem to use and mile up their bikes.

I see Suzuki SV650's as the Honda Integras and CRX's (to the Fast and Furious generation) to motorcycles now. In time, I bet people will look back fondly, miss their old bikes, and start looking for them again - to find they've been crashed, neglected, raced, etc. Sort of like Yamaha RD's and Honda CB350's for old farts - they don't command big $$$ but they have a following.

I have not owned or ridden any of these bikes....

Hmm what about Yamaha's first generation R1?

1998 Yamaha launched the YZF-R1 to compete with bikes like the cbr900rr/zx-9r which were putting Yamaha's Yfz1000 to shame(too big/heavy) . This bike re-wrote the books as a standard for what a litre bike should be. monster motors stuffed into a light compact package. Also had a wicked reputation for being quite the "wild" ride. Not rare by any means, but clean unmolested models maybe sought in the future

1998R1.jpg

Last edited:
Sportster XR1200. HD dealers had a hard time selling these. Appealed to neither the cruiser or sportbike crowd. As with many poor selling bikes, may end up being a sought after collectible, give or take a few decades.

HarleyXR1200.jpg

Sportster XR1200. HD dealers had a hard time selling these. Appealed to neither the cruiser or sportbike crowd. As with many poor selling bikes, may end up being a sought after collectible, give or take a few decades.

HarleyXR1200.jpg

Valid point, bastard of a bike but will likely become a sought after gem down the road.

Honda CB350's for old farts - they don't command big $$$ but they have a following.

No longer the case. Young hipsters have bought up all the CB350s and drove up the prices. Good stock runners are fetching $2000-$2500, not like 10 years ago when these things were being thrown away for scrap.

No longer the case. Young hipsters have bought up all the CB350s and drove up the prices. Good stock runners are fetching $2000-$2500, not like 10 years ago when these things were being thrown away for scrap.

True, but pretty much any stock running motorcycle that's close to safetyable will run you $1500. CB750's aren't fetching Laverda Jota or 1973 Kawasaki Z1 money.

Although I have to ask (and you probably know since you have one), are 350's worth more now than comparable 500s and 750s? Could it be a low CC/insurance thing?

Last edited:
Hmm what about Yamaha's first generation R1?

1998 Yamaha launched the YZF-R1 to compete with bikes like the cbr900rr/zx-9r which were putting Yamaha's Yfz1000 to shame(too big/heavy) . This bike re-wrote the books as a standard for what a litre bike should be. monster motors stuffed into a light compact package. Also had a wicked reputation for being quite the "wild" ride. Not rare by any means, but clean unmolested models maybe sought in the future

1998R1.jpg

Good call, and I bet you're right - they will be worth money in time.

I could see the same with FZ1's as well, they were the best naked bikes of the time, they look good and they go well.

I bet the same is true for a '92-94 Fireblade in a good-looking color scheme. Even these days, you see nicer ones listed for $4000-5000.

Because it's a strange period piece with funky looks... think you'll see some interest in Suzuki RF's?

Good call, and I bet you're right - they will be worth money in time.

I could see the same with FZ1's as well, they were the best naked bikes of the time, they look good and they go well.

I bet the same is true for a '92-94 Fireblade in a good-looking color scheme. Even these days, you see nicer ones listed for $4000-5000.

Because it's a strange period piece with funky looks... think you'll see some interest in Suzuki RF's?

Good question, Im not familiar with what significant value the RF's had to be honest. I just viewed them as another random bike. I could be wrong tho, maybe someone with a bit more knowledge can chime in?

Any thoughts people?

Suzuki-RF600R.jpg

From what I know, they're not great - basically Katanas with swoopy bodywork. But they look like they're trying very hard to copy the Ferrari Testarossa's styling.

Would go great with a 'Red Eraser' shirt and an MC Hammer cassette.

Back
Top Bottom