Nominate Future Collectible Motorcycles | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Nominate Future Collectible Motorcycles

I'll nominate the Moto Guzzi V7 Racer.
IMG_0594.JPG

It's rarity is assured by the low production numbers coming out of Mandello del Lario. Limited market penetration and per-country quotas also ensure that the market is not flooded. But, the collectibility comes from the design. The V7 captures an emerging wave in the changing consumer tastes. The retro look has captured a market wave for production cafe bikes, which is now being picked up by the likes of Triumph, Royal Enfield and others. There is a shift to capture the spirit of motorcycling from the '60s and '70s before the time of '80s superbikes and modern street fighters. MG has successfully captured that spirit in a fun package with oodles of sex appeal. The 2010-2011 MY will be recognized as the vanguard of a wave of cafe-fashioned bikes. It is possible the wave will not last but I hope it does. I love my V7.

I'll nominate the Moto Guzzi V7 Racer.
IMG_0594.JPG

It's rarity is assured by the low production numbers coming out of Mandello del Lario. Limited market penetration and per-country quotas also ensure that the market is not flooded. But, the collectibility comes from the design. The V7 captures an emerging wave in the changing consumer tastes. The retro look has captured a market wave for production cafe bikes, which is now being picked up by the likes of Triumph, Royal Enfield and others. There is a shift to capture the spirit of motorcycling from the '60s and '70s before the time of '80s superbikes and modern street fighters. MG has successfully captured that spirit in a fun package with oodles of sex appeal. The 2010-2011 MY will be recognized as the vanguard of a wave of cafe-fashioned bikes. It is possible the wave will not last but I hope it does. I love my V7.

Yupp, another good addition. Damn that thing looks good.

I once had an intamate relationship witha Brittan VR1000.
I fondled her for ten minutes.

- Busa (but only the first year when they were unrestricted)
What do they restrict on the new ones that can't be fixed with an ECU flash? Are you saying the first year bikes are better than the even an uncorked 2012?

-Jamie M.

What do they restrict on the new ones that can't be fixed with an ECU flash? Are you saying the first year bikes are better than the even an uncorked 2012?

-Jamie M.

I think he is saying that since they came uncorked from stock, they will be worth more then a non-stock uncorked unit.

Lol @ saying the Britten is a FUTURE collectible. It's not a collectible yet??? You better buy one now then while they're still affordable!

-Jamie M.

Like he said, the first year is the only one that came with no restricting and that's what makes it a lot more rare than any of the model years that followed.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

1987-92 Yamaha YSR
ysr.jpg

Too bad most have been raced into oblivion.

would've been true if honda didn't introduce the NSR50 in the mid 2ks

that said, they have been worth around 2k constantly for over a decade now.

why not?
it comes stock with Ohlins forks and TTX36 shock, Brembo mono block brakes and PVM forged aluminum lightweight wheels

1st gen mille come with ohlins everything, oz forged wheels, brembo brakes and lot of carbon fiber. People taking them to chop shop parting them out end up worth more than the bike itself.

Man, you just wanna flash the ECU on everything don't you. Lol
It absolutely pisses me off that they restrict us!! My R6 and R1 limited to 60% down low and 76% up top?? WTF were they thinking??!!! No wonder the bikes are so slow to hit the rev limiter in 6th (if they'd even get there)! How fast is it supposed to go at 3/4 throttle?! lol.

I'm getting the Suzuki flash equipment soon. Can't wait to test ride my first uncorked Busa :)

-Jamie M.

Back
Top Bottom