Nominate Future Collectible Motorcycles | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Nominate Future Collectible Motorcycles

Yamaha R7
FUTURE collectibles...

fetus-facepalm.jpg

Always liked the Honda CBX 550 with the enclosed disc brakes. From the magazines at the time, I seem to remember that dealers would take 2 - 3 hours to change the rubber. Might have been a bit fiddley. Think it's early 80's.

Then of course there is my own bike - destined for greatness by association!

Most people will answer with the bike they currently have or a bike they used to have.

1993 Yamaha GTS1000, Forgot about that, and they are collectable!

Mid 90's Barbie KLR (bike is not unique but colour scheme is becoming collectable)

308054d1317597753-motorcycle-riders-dr-board-1994-kawasaki-klr-650.jpg

oil will have run out well before 100 years from now so these motorcycles will just be seen as collectibles and can't be ridden.

I'll say the 1985 ninja 900 because it's the first ninja in North America and Tom Cruise rode it in Top Gun

tom_cruise_motorcycle.jpg

1980 is too far back. Any 90's or earlier bike that will be a collectible likely already is a collectible. Let's say no older than 2000.

- Busa (but only the first year when they were unrestricted)
- Ducati GT1000 Sport Classic
- Kawasaki Vulcan Mean Streak
- Harley Night Rod
- Triumph Rocket III
- Buell 1125R

oil will have run out well before 100 years from now so these motorcycles will just be seen as collectibles and can't be ridden.

I'll say the 1985 ninja 900 because it's the first ninja in North America and Tom Cruise rode it in Top Gun

tom_cruise_motorcycle.jpg

I agree.....not only a right of passage of men but cool in general.

1980 is too far back. Any 90's or earlier bike that will be a collectible likely already is a collectible. Let's say no older than 2000.

You have a point but Japanese makers took far fewer chances after the 90s due to sales failures of cool niche bikes. Here's an obvious choice:

Yamaha MT-01

2009_MT-01_SMX_CA_1_l.jpg

Back
Top Bottom