MacDoc's new ride MT3..naked bike questions. | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MacDoc's new ride MT3..naked bike questions.

First ride on the MT-03 thoughts. 130 km out and back to Port Douglas. Missed having the laptop
300 km on the trip meter took 10.4L for fill up so had over 3L left when into last bar. Found a decent burger too.

Thought I might need a windscreen coming back into headwinds of 30 kph today but turned out okay.
I think the tank bag I’m pretty much forced into will sit so high with the quick connect it will take the wind stream up just as well as a shorty screen would

Need my farkles
Throttle lock, Grip buddies, cramp busters and cup holder….was very dry today.
Was surprised my hands were fine on the thinner grips but it was a short ride.

The saddle is decently comfortable but hard. Thinking might be okay with the Air Hawk on. There are third party solutions I really like Corbin saddles.but $440 US is way too much and that’s just for the solo saddle alone.

I’ll try tomorrow ( tho I have to deliver the Honda )…and remove the pillion seat and bungie the laptop on…did that on the Honda before I had the topcase.
Not quite as easy as mounting the Honda but I think that's just muscle memory...if I think about getting my leg a tad higher it is fine. With the pillion off will be very easy.

Power is fun to have tho sixth gear seems more an overdrive….nice and lively in 5th.
Actually cruising at 100 KP is higher at 7k than the Honda but then the red line is waaaay higher.

Passing is much easier tho a gear drop is useful. Felt pretty good by the time I got home. Pretty happy with the purchase and the online transfer for the Honda went through well.
Riding the Honda back from the dealer was like putting on a pair of comfortable old shoes but I''m liking the Yammie.

Might have been a red Ninja owner. Pretty decent deal I would have gone after.
1728047273441.png
2016 Ninja ,18,000 km $4k asking some minor cosmetic issues. 39 HP so more than the Honda, less that the Yammie...but it RED!!!! I wish I could find a pillion cover like that but that is flat/low profile ...looks good.
Red levers are cute. 😍 ;)

In another life would tour Australia with this 2004 ST
1728047768357.png
111,000 km $3700 ono...and it's RED !!! :rolleyes: Honda does paint really well. My red 94 ST1100 had lovely paint.
Why does that look more like an ST1300? :unsure: Listing maybe wrong? Oh Wait - it's listed just as 2004 ST my bad.
Lovely bike. 730 lb wet ....ugh.

Last edited:
Might have been a red Ninja owner. Pretty decent deal I would have gone after.
View attachment 70131
2016 Ninja ,18,000 km $4k asking some minor cosmetic issues. 39 HP so more than the Honda, less that the Yammie...but it RED!!!! I wish I could find a pillion cover like that but that is flat/low profile ...looks good.
Red levers are cute. 😍 ;)

In another life would tour Australia with this 2004 ST
View attachment 70132
111,000 km $3700 ono...and it's RED !!! :rolleyes: Honda does paint really well. My red 94 ST1100 had lovely paint.
Why does that look more like an ST1300? :unsure: Listing maybe wrong? Oh Wait - it's listed just as 2004 ST my bad.
Lovely bike. 730 lb wet ....ugh.
You had me at Honda ST .....:love::ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom