MacDoc's new ride MT3..naked bike questions. | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MacDoc's new ride MT3..naked bike questions.

Didnt real the whole thread but for naked bikes...

If its a windy day, as soon as you reach 100km/h you feel it.
I installed a Dart flyscreen on mine... sometimes i regret getting the piranha version (shorter) but it does look better on the bike. If i tuck in i can get a break, you also feel it in your acceleration

As for luggage, i went for soft luggage but it's mainly to carry my laptop. 20L from rhinowalk which is a kriega lookalike. I've put a couple thousand km with it already this season and it's holding up perfectly fine. Do i wish sometimes that i had a tail back and rack to have more space? Yes. But generally speaking it's good

Maybe I'm just weird but I MUCH prefer the hard luggage look on the bike...cleaner, sturdier...but do see the benefits of the soft luggage.

As for getting on/off... @oioioi showed me a good method to hop on which I've never seen before. Bike on side stand, stand on left foot peg, and basically use that as a step up to swing one's leg around the back of the bike. Never tried it before but will when I get a chance.

Hopefully no witnesses...

Maybe I'm just weird but I MUCH prefer the hard luggage look on the bike...cleaner, sturdier...but do see the benefits of the soft luggage.

As for getting on/off... @oioioi showed me a good method to hop on which I've never seen before. Bike on side stand, stand on left foot peg, and basically use that as a step up to swing one's leg around the back of the bike. Never tried it before but will when I get a chance.

Hopefully no witnesses...
I tried it few times and it worked so well that I don't even think about it.

I didn't even realize that I do it until you mentioned it now.

The only time it may become an issue is if you park on a soft shoulder or soft ground and the left lean angle is a little steeper than normal.

Curious. Why wasn't a burgman an option? It would have ticked all the boxes.
@MacDoc doesn't meet the age requirements for a Burgman. He's about 20 years too young.

@MacDoc doesn't meet the age requirements for a Burgman. He's about 20 years too young.
He had one recently….so I’m shocked he’s no longer riding that thing.

Best thing since sliced bread…until the CB500X…and then the CB300F…and then MT03….

Back to the Burgman @MacDoc?

I love people that talk about things they don't know about. :rolleyes:
Burgman 650 Exec is too heavy and too expensive tho I thoroughly enjoyed my 100,000 km on them.

There are a bunch of other maxiscoots that are lighter and newer tech and I did consider the category but the reason I moved to the Burgman in the first place ....bad clutch hand no longer is a factor.
Scooter
  • 15,870 km
  • 638 cc

I love people that talk about things they don't know about. :rolleyes:
Burgman 650 Exec is too heavy and too expensive tho I thoroughly enjoyed my 100,000 km on them.

There are a bunch of other maxiscoots that are lighter and newer tech and I did consider the category but the reason I moved to the Burgman in the first place ....bad clutch hand no longer is a factor.
Everything i know about scooters have come from you. Put your hackles down.

Probably budget. Used ones usually need a new drive belt. Belt replacement is stupid expensive i think.
Then don't speculate .
••••••
I put 45k km on the 2015CB300F and got more than I paid for it originally tho the top case evened it out.
Was looking for newer bike, with lower KM and more power if a road bike or some off pavement ability .
I missed a 2020 250 Vstrom for $3900 a few months ago but had not sold my Honda yet.
Got my price for the Honda and a steal on the MT-03.
Now to sort luggage ....and other factors. 🍿 Appreciate the feedback

If I'm wrong about the drive belts. Enlighten us. You're the expert.
It’s just a CVT torque converter belt, no removing a swing arm like a motorcycle.

Never done one on a Bergman, I can imagine Suzuki went out of their way to make an easy service difficult.

Made this for you today, @mimico_polak.

This is how us short guys get on and off tall ADV bikes. Small blooper while getting off, my leg didn't clear the left pannier... oops...

Back
Top Bottom