Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly..... | Page 364 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.....

Who was in the wrong?

• Cop

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • Dude who got shot

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • I like turtles

Votes: 55 49.5%

• Total voters
TPS cop off duty walks out of a store without attempting to pay for three bottles of booze. Suspended with pay. Is it appropriate to pay him 300K to sit at home for stealing booze? Seems like the employment slap on the wrist/probation could be dealt with quickly and let the trial fall where it may (zero percent chance of a custodial sentence so it has no real bearing on disciplinary process).

I'm thinking that this exact scenario has happened before, for some reason.

I'm thinking that this exact scenario has happened before, for some reason.
Still. Waiting for the outcome of the criminal trial is almost a complete waste. Presumably there is video. Either you fire thieving cops or you don't. It doesn't really matter what the court decision is. No need for delays. Adjudicate psa charges now. Either back to work or off the payroll.

TPS cop off duty walks out of a store without attempting to pay for three bottles of booze. Suspended with pay. Is it appropriate to pay him 300K to sit at home for stealing booze? Seems like the employment slap on the wrist/probation could be dealt with quickly and let the trial fall where it may (zero percent chance of a custodial sentence so it has no real bearing on disciplinary process).

What is his problem?

Is he an alcoholic short on cash?

Kleptomaniac?

Testing the system?

Paying for things is below his stature?

Still. Waiting for the outcome of the criminal trial is almost a complete waste. Presumably there is video. Either you fire thieving cops or you don't. It doesn't really matter what the court decision is. No need for delays. Adjudicate psa charges now. Either back to work or off the payroll.
Apparently the Liberals disagree with you. Your right to freedom overrules anything not proven in court.

What is his problem?

Is he an alcoholic short on cash?

Kleptomaniac?

Testing the system?

Paying for things is below his stature?

Needs to be something intangible. PTSD fits the bill nicely.

Apparently the Liberals disagree with you. Your right to freedom overrules anything not proven in court.

Unless you are a bouncy castle aficionado. Then your Charter Rights get stomped and your bank account gets frozen without due process..

This is a subject that is greatly influenced by bias... Most of the so called evidence expressed is anecdotal.
Those who generally hate cops are going to believe they get away with everything...
It's been my experience they get what they deserve... eventually.
Just like the general public.
The level of accountability for ones actions has been reduced to almost zero.

He and his team had been BSing warrants for years.. They were going back through their cases and squashing convictions.
Unfortunately, it's the sort of thing that tends to be a long standing pattern of behaviour. I'm not sure if you're old enough to remember the debacle in Toronto of the old (now long disbanded) Metro Holdup Squad. There's also what happened over convictions under HTA172 that involved Dennis Mahoney-Bruer.

Unfortunately, it's the sort of thing that tends to be a long standing pattern of behaviour. I'm not sure if you're old enough to remember the debacle in Toronto of the old (now long disbanded) Metro Holdup Squad. There's also what happened over convictions under HTA172 that involved Dennis Mahoney-Bruer.
If there is compensation do the officers involved pay it or does the taxpayer? Asked in jest.

This is the sort of incident you get when cops "trust their gut" about people they "know are dirty", then lie to get a warrant. This is why they have procedures and legal requirements.
The usual dirty cop workaround when they get their hunches or obtain information through illegal means is to call in a couple of "tips" through crime stoppers that way they get the warrant and a bit of party money.
If the raid turns out to be a bust and they hit the wrong place there is zero repercussions due to the anonymity of the tip.

The usual dirty cop workaround when they get their hunches or obtain information through illegal means is to call in a couple of "tips" through crime stoppers that way they get the warrant and a bit of party money.
If the raid turns out to be a bust and they hit the wrong place there is zero repercussions due to the anonymity of the tip.
What? No way in heck they are getting warrants from 'anonymous tips', that is not even close to PC.

What? No way in heck they are getting warrants from 'anonymous tips', that is not even close to PC.
They sure are. Once the "tip" is forwarded to them they spend a couple of hours sitting near the spot and report that the activity that they witnessed supports the allegations and call it in to the judge and they get the signature on the warrant.
More often than not this action is on a place or someone with history that helps the process.

They sure are. Once the "tip" is forwarded to them they spend a couple of hours sitting near the spot and report that the activity that they witnessed supports the allegations and call it in to the judge and they get the signature on the warrant.
More often than not this action is on a place or someone with history that helps the process.
Okay yes, they still need to investigate, even if that part is fabricated. My point was, tips are not PC.

You can't get me in trouble for cheating. Everybody was cheating. That is our culture.

F me. She should be straight up fired for publicizing how corrupt and incompetent the whole force is. Not in a whistle blower sense. She is just shocked that there were consequences for behaving poorly.

Back
Top Bottom