Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly..... | Page 352 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.....

Who was in the wrong?

• Cop

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • Dude who got shot

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • I like turtles

Votes: 55 49.5%

• Total voters
He is firing a weapon as he runs. Running him down us the surest way to minimize casualties.
Fk that guy.

I am sure the news report will say he was out teaching the lords word and the bad popo just ran him down out of racism and profiling
i suppose i looked at through use of force application, but i guess once you fire shots you don't get to close that door again.

The humour

Can't drive, can't shoot and doesn't know how to run with his pants falling down.

Sad that he probably thinks he's a badass.
It's always a treat to watch criminals run with their pants half way down...... on purpose.

Finally a small victory. Suspended driver caught driving for the third time since April (after a bad driving complaint so they suck as well). Cops seized the vehicle until trial is over or she gets a court order to release it.

Finally a small victory. Suspended driver caught driving for the third time since April (after a bad driving complaint so they suck as well). Cops seized the vehicle until trial is over or she gets a court order to release it.

It is a step in the right direction but many of these people are just driving beaters. Better if the car had some real value, hopefully it does.

It is a step in the right direction but many of these people are just driving beaters. Better if the car had some real value, hopefully it does.
Even if it's a beater, this could be a financial disaster. Storage fees at hundreds per day with no limit. Tow company is happy to send goons or go to collections if their entire bill isn't paid.

Even if it's a beater, this could be a financial disaster. Storage fees at hundreds per day with no limit. Tow company is happy to send goons or go to collections if their entire bill isn't paid.
In theory that may be true, but growing up I knew a few people that did similar things, here is what I saw....

Buy a beater, no safety, no insurance, no license, never change the ownership, rinse and repeat (beater of the month club we called it). Already breaking the law, might as well do it across the board. Their life is already a giant train wreck, the size of the hole is so big that bigger is immaterial. Tow/Storage has little leverage other than the goons trying to get blood from a stone. It does slow them down as they need to get another beater and today that likely costs them another $1500 (maybe much less, depends on how beater it is). In some cases they may still be doing the above but due to wanted status and ego they dropped much more coin on the vehicle (sad old BMW is a common example--post luxury car).

What I like about the vehicle seizure is the other scenario where someone is enabling them by letting them use their car, now THAT person gets hit hard... this is good. That person does have something to lose.

There is a limit.. depending on the reason her licence is suspended.

There is a limit.. depending on the reason her licence is suspended.
In this case, it sounds like the practical limit will be something like 18 months. That's the typical timeframe to get a trial. I can't imagine that her requesting time in court to obtain a court order to release her vehicle would be much faster (even assuming that she bothered to pay for a lawyer to help her in court). I have heard of mandatory time-limited seizures before. I haven't heard of a seizure that requires courts to release the vehicle.

The point of driving a beater in that situation is the reduction of a financial hit if it gets seized you simply walk away and let the towing co auction it off

The point of driving a beater in that situation is the reduction of a financial hit if it gets seized you simply walk away and let the towing co auction it off
Doesn't work that way. Your liability is not limited to the value of the car. They are free to chase you, wreck your credit and send you to collections for the remainder of their exorbitant bill.

Doesn't work that way. Your liability is not limited to the value of the car. They are free to chase you, wreck your credit and send you to collections for the remainder of their exorbitant bill.
For most people that might be a deterrent but the class of folk perpetrating these moves they couldn't care less.
Already poor credit and immune to garnishment they simply laugh and say "the line starts here"

In this case, it sounds like the practical limit will be something like 18 months. That's the typical timeframe to get a trial. I can't imagine that her requesting time in court to obtain a court order to release her vehicle would be much faster (even assuming that she bothered to pay for a lawyer to help her in court). I have heard of mandatory time-limited seizures before. I haven't heard of a seizure that requires courts to release the vehicle.

driving while suspended is 45 days for 1st, 90 for 2nd and 180 for 3rd or above.. in a 2 year period.
Assuming they took her car each time.. and the timeline.. it sounds like she's driving again as soon as she gets it back.

It's 90 days for no insurance... not sure if that's roadside or on conviction. Escalating fines for second and third offence.

The potential fines for all of it could get up into 6 figures.

driving while suspended is 45 days for 1st, 90 for 2nd and 180 for 3rd or above.. in a 2 year period.
Assuming they took her car each time.. and the timeline.. it sounds like she's driving again as soon as she gets it back.

It's 90 days for no insurance... not sure if that's roadside or on conviction. Escalating fines for second and third offence.

The potential fines for all of it could get up into 6 figures.
Maybe they picked a different subsection for the impoundment without a time limit? As usual, we don't have all the facts. Cops said vehicle is impounded until trial is complete or court order to release. That seems to conflict with HTA 53 where you got your information.

Back
Top Bottom