Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly..... | Page 351 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.....

Who was in the wrong?

• Cop

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • Dude who got shot

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • I like turtles

Votes: 55 49.5%

• Total voters
Anyone under the age of consent cannot enter into a legally binding contract... like a NDA.

The payoff was made a few years ago. Trudeau's PM itinerary shows him in Vancouver on "personal business" the day the settlement payment/NDA was finalized.

Stupid prize of the month goes to..........

LE thread? Bad Drivers thread? Either way, good catch, sadly courts will just release him again. He already ignored an undertaking and a release order. The next obvious step is to add another piece of paper and release him again. It's not like he's killing people. Oh wait. :/

OPP issued a warrant for the arrest of 34-year-old Shaheryar Kalim Gill of Brampton. He was taken into custody on Aug. 14, 2024.

Gill faces several charges, including dangerous operation causing death, failing to stop at an accident resulting in death, four counts of failing to comply with a release order and failing to comply with an undertaking.

LE thread? Bad Drivers thread? Either way, good catch, sadly courts will just release him again. He already ignored an undertaking and a release order. The next obvious step is to add another piece of paper and release him again. It's not like he's killing people. Oh wait. :/

OPP issued a warrant for the arrest of 34-year-old Shaheryar Kalim Gill of Brampton. He was taken into custody on Aug. 14, 2024.

Gill faces several charges, including dangerous operation causing death, failing to stop at an accident resulting in death, four counts of failing to comply with a release order and failing to comply with an undertaking.
Obvious flight risk, so remanded. Good to see that it does occasionally happen.

I still have almost zero faith that will stick. Complain about missing a holy day and their rights being violated and back in public to then flee back to India, get new name+new forged documents+new student Visa, then return to Canada.

FTFY.

Complain about missing a holy day and their rights being violated and back in public shortly is my guess.

In custody conditions are effectively being used by defense counsel as a way to reduce sentences. Often, time in pre trial custody is being credited at 2:1 and in some rare cases 3:1.

In custody conditions are effectively being used by defense counsel as a way to reduce sentences. Often, time in pre trial custody is being credited at 2:1 and in some rare cases 3:1.
True, but leaving them in public just means they continue their behavior with impunity. If you've already proven that you have no interest in respecting court-ordered conditions, your sentence should reflect that and you should be ineligible for parole as you have proven that you are not capable of that level of freedom. Credit for pretrial custody off of full-length sentence still means you spend much more time locked up than bail and a sentence you only serve 30% of.

Wonder what his plan was. Does he have millions shielded in offshore accounts he could've lived off of? With our weak court system wonder what he was even worried about, a slap on the wrist and he wanted to flee the country.

Wonder what his plan was. Does he have millions shielded in offshore accounts he could've lived off of? With our weak court system wonder what he was even worried about, a slap on the wrist and he wanted to flee the country.

The saddest part of this sad story is the cop is still on full paid leave and building his retirement pension on our dime.

I’d preferred the Montreal cops let him leave the country so we could sentence him sooner to cut off the pay check.

The saddest part of this sad story is the cop is still on full paid leave and building his retirement pension on our dime.

I’d preferred the Montreal cops let him leave the country so we could sentence him sooner to cut off the pay check.
He got $115K and change last year to sit at home...

True, but leaving them in public just means they continue their behavior with impunity. If you've already proven that you have no interest in respecting court-ordered conditions, your sentence should reflect that and you should be ineligible for parole as you have proven that you are not capable of that level of freedom. Credit for pretrial custody off of full-length sentence still means you spend much more time locked up than bail and a sentence you only serve 30% of.

Here's the thing... Joe Public would **** a brick if they really knew how the "system" works.
It's got little to do with "justice".
You have career criminals, repeat serious offenders getting the revolving door treatment and first time, non violent offenders who have "made a mistake" getting railroaded in court. Provincially at least, the Ontario Board of Parole lacks accountability so, often questionable candidates are given the benefit of the doubt and the public is put at risk.
I think the only ones benefiting are the lawyers so at least there's that :)

Once lethal force is justified they should use something they can deploy quickly with minimal risk to bystanders. Running him over with a car is orders of magnitude better than shooting from a moving vehicle.
can't say i'm a fan of running him over...but the initial impact seems reasonable to me.

can't say i'm a fan of running him over...but the initial impact seems reasonable to me.
The optics of running him over are bad, the efficacy is good. Very small chance of collateral damage and very good chance the threat is removed by the first hit. Shooting from the car would have a dozen or more bullets missing the bad guy.

He is firing a weapon as he runs. Running him down us the surest way to minimize casualties.
Fk that guy.

I am sure the news report will say he was out teaching the lords word and the bad popo just ran him down out of racism and profiling

Back
Top Bottom