KTM's Parent Company Isn't Doing Hot, Shifting More Production to China and India | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

KTM's Parent Company Isn't Doing Hot, Shifting More Production to China and India

and an EV wave looming for both performance and low cost.
Right now it's mostly at the very low end pulling dollars..EV TukTuks and scoots, even trials bikes plus a scattering of performance bikes like the Lightnings that aren't there yet on price.
Not an environment to be confident of investment value in any ICE marque.
Add on the cost of meeting increasingly stiff environment standards.

Last edited:
Yeah. In the case of Triumph the Trident and Tiger 660 are made in Thailand (I would think the daytona 660 as well, but I'm not sure.)
The Bonneville T100 too, really fun because people get on their high horse about a british motorcycle, and I'm like, "What British motorcycle? Your Bonneville is Thai. Mine is too. Quit being a douche."

The Bonneville T100 too, really fun because people get on their high horse about a british motorcycle, and I'm like, "What British motorcycle? Your Bonneville is Thai. Mine is too. Quit being a douche."
The problems moving production to the developing world get bigger as your product rises in sophistication. Production engineering, material control, machine maintenance all contribute to product dependability and performance.

producing a 12hp 150cc thumper is a lot different than a 1200cc 150hp performance ADV.

Back
Top Bottom