January riders??..... | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

January riders??.....

Only saw one bike at the Ice House in Campbellville and didn't see a single bike at the Shed.

The Shed in Erin or the Higher Ground at the Forks?
There were bikes out both Sat and Sunday at the Forks including me. 15 degree day.
Few go to the Shed anymore.

I had my bike at my local dealer for the 24,000 km inspection (at 43,000 km a bit late.). I picked it up Thursday eve at around 6 pm. It was -10 and snowing. My ride home was only about 20 km so I took back roads and loved the huge amount of snow I was kicking up. While the back roads were covered with snow, it was cold enough with no traffic so that there was no ice. With the right gear I got home toasty and warm.

..Tom

Sorry, I guess its not the Shed anymore. I was talking about the one at the Forks (Belfountain Village Store in Caledon) if you like. I think it was around 2:30 or 3ish that I went through and there where no bikes in the parking lot nor on the Forks of the Credit road when I rode both ways. Pic taken from my video.
View attachment 31050

Attachments

• The Forks1.jpg
    The Forks1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 26
Yup that's the one - likely easiest just to say the Forks. There were a few in earlier both on their bikes and a few riders but in cages. Of course Saturday was nuts even tho Sunday was the warmer day.

•••

VTom geez -10 - and snow rooster tails. Cool. It is actually easier when it's really cold.
It's the slushy water on ice that's just impossible.

I actually ride without heated gear, although that's moreso because I'm still pretty young; my body can take the beating.

I always wanted heated gear when I was young because I still felt the cold, although that's moreso because I wasn't fat.

Can that bike even loose traction?

wow..haters gonna hate.. I have a 600 and a 250..both are fun as hell.. it doesn't matter what the cc's are..it's still 2 wheels...and the 250 is an amazing starter bike.

I don't hate , its scarcasm ;)

ok..well..sorry I just kinda jumped on ya there.. accept my apologies.. its just that a ton of people make fun of those little bikes..but there is a lot of plus sides to them.. ;) cheers

I always wanted heated gear when I was young because I still felt the cold, although that's moreso because I wasn't fat.

I'm not fat I'm fluffy!

In all seriousness:
I feel the cold. I'm actually a huge fan of the cold anyways, I still have AC running in the winter time (I broke it a few years ago had it set too low lol.)

I'm not fat I'm fluffy!

In all seriousness:
I feel the cold. I'm actually a huge fan of the cold anyways, I still have AC running in the winter time (I broke it a few years ago had it set too low lol.)

I was obviously just kidding but you're the lucky one. I HATE the cold.

Next few days sure qualify as winter riding....brrrrrr.

I get on a plane tomorrow midnight at somewhere around minus 12 and arrive Cairns some 30 hours of travel later in the 30s. :scratch: Body might be a tad confused not to mention a 14 hour time shift.

-12*c outside.

went to get gas. holyballs its cold.

and soon I have to go to brampton on the highway... i think going ~120 will be colder than going ~70.

-12*c outside.

went to get gas. holyballs its cold.

and soon I have to go to brampton on the highway... i think going ~120 will be colder than going ~70.

There is a streamer of snow that has been hitting the Vaughn area since this morning. Ifyounre on the bike you probably want to avoid the area.

..Tom

There is a streamer of snow that has been hitting the Vaughn area since this morning. Ifyounre on the bike you probably want to avoid the area.

..Tom

Little late reading that.

When I left:
x6hrwk.png

15 minutes of highway riding later:
28q49.png

This picture cant even describe how bad it really was. So much slush on the white I couldn't change lanes without fishtailing. Was wiping the visor off every 30 seconds.
I decided to pull off the highway and then waited in a very nice performance car parts shop until they closed, then a nearby inn lobby for 5 hours before someone with a truck was available to pick me up.
I definately would not of been able to make it home on the bike.

We didn't get any snow but it was brutal cold here today, had to ride maybe 10 mins and my hands were feeling it pretty bad. Coldest they've ever been, and I was riding to dover every Friday night in December :s

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Smart move getting a lift home :clap:
Sometimes it just ain't worth it or even possible.

Sabex - hat's off - you one crazyman. I don't even think in uni I rode in this kind of cold.

•••••
Next post from Hong Kong....and then I get my ST in Cairns hopefully for the weekend.. :D

i rode today, my hands were frozen pretty fast and between wet tires and inexperience i hit the front brake a little too hard when stopping and the bike felt like it wanted to lose control and fall over luckily i caught myself and didnt fall(cold hands while using your front brake sucks) i know it was a noob mistake and ive learn from it

Roads were to bad here this morning to ride, ended up walking to work. Second day this year I haven't been able to ride, and here I was hoping for a mild winter like last year

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom