EURO/COPA '24 | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

EURO/COPA '24

The Euro final any neutral wants: Netherlands - Spain. The grimdark final we're going to get: France - England, likely going to pens after 120 minutes of both teams standing inside their own box, steadfastly refusing to kick the ball. We'll also be treated to an overdose of Pickford clapping and yapping and miming like an idiot. I genuinely don't think I can watch if that's how it plays out.

Copa America, on the other hand, is all nuts. Obviously I would kill for Canada to get through, but no matter what, we'll be treated to two games of insanity, even if part of that insanity is CONMEBOL refs determined to not call anything for Canada except criminal assault, and even then...

Dutch master!

Eek.

Followed by a ******** penalty.

Lucky bastards. Good finish on the last goal though but the Dutch will be and should be livid at the penalty decision.

Last edited:
England is going to win this frickin' thing, aren't they? Spain with the toughest route possible, England with the easiest. Spain playing beautiful, flowing, imaginative football, England playing dire, scared to lose rather than playing to win football. Spain with incredible stories like Lemine Yamal, England with, uh, Phil Foden and Harry Kane.

But justice has no place in sport (a lesson taught relentlessly by CONCACAF and CONMEBOL refs), and I think this England side will simply have too much firepower and talent to lose.

The first half was interesting to watch and playing some good football in a while for England. The penalty was ****** call, feel it for the Dutch, but I think England would of won this one, one way or another. Glad Palmer is getting the spot he deserves and he better start or subbed in after the Kane show that must happen.

The Spanish backline is weak along with their goalie. France just couldn't exploit it with their lazy attacks and Spain is not the ones to sit back and that will be their downfall. It's Comin' home boys. :)

Last edited:
That was a victory for both neutrals and football in general. England winning that with what was essentially Mourinho-ball would have been a travesty. The only time they played positively was when they went behind. Would also have been interesting if Southgate trusted his youth the same way de la Fuente did, as Kane was mostly a passenger throughout.

I'll be curious to see if the FA keeps Southgate on after that. If nothing else, he seems to bring them extraordinary luck in draws...

That was a victory for both neutrals and football in general. England winning that with what was essentially Mourinho-ball would have been a travesty. The only time they played positively was when they went behind. Would also have been interesting if Southgate trusted his youth the same way de la Fuente did, as Kane was mostly a passenger throughout.

I'll be curious to see if the FA keeps Southgate on after that. If nothing else, he seems to bring them extraordinary luck in draws...

Spain were pretty devastating in the second half. One touch football for the goal. Amazing stuff. England were mediocre throughout the entire tournament, they got lucky to get where they were.

I should add, commiserations to @xfactor and all the rest cheering for England. Frustrating tournament, as I think England had the most talented group of players. Southgate was what England needed to bring stability to the program after the Big Sam debacle, but I do think a manager with more imagination and courage would have better used some of the incredible youth and talent at his disposal.

I also think a lot of the big names were flat at this tournament because they've done such big minutes for almost a straight year. Not only is the calendar way more packed than it used to be, but club systems are also a lot more demanding, with hard running and pressing the norm.

So I managed to watch the extra time period of the Copa America final last night and it was like night and day against the European games. Flowing attacking football. Really good to watch.

So I managed to watch the extra time period of the Copa America final last night and it was like night and day against the European games. Flowing attacking football. Really good to watch.

Even with a 90 minute delay to the start of the Copa America final (due to security “issues” surrounding fans trying to get in without tickets) we watched the whole thing. Lots of expected shenanigans and Oscar winning performances (mostly by Argentina) but the ref let them play and wow was it entertaining football.

Back
Top Bottom