EURO/COPA '24 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

EURO/COPA '24

Turkey vs Georgia is the best game so far. Good to see the Georgians toing toe to toe at this level. Glad to see that nobody is a pushover anymore. Let's see what Ronaldo & co can do. Tons of chances so far, it's just a matter of time I feel.

Albania snatching a draw against Croatia today was awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I guess it's soccer season, seeing all the flags coming out.

I wondered, watching Spain dismantle Croatia with icy ease, whether this new Spain is that good, or if maybe Croatia aren't what they used to be. I think it's a little of both, but largely that an aging Croatia side are not the dangerous underdogs they used to be. Would absolutely love to see Albania go through.

I guess it's soccer season, seeing all the flags coming out.
Haha, soccer season is now officially year-round. They just finished the club season, straight into the Euros and Copa America. The players will get a couple weeks off, then off to training camps for their clubs and start the next season in August. Everyone is trying to bleed the players dry, and a group just filed a lawsuit against FIFA for a new competition they're trying to start called the Club World Cup, which in theory will put the best sides from around the world against each other. Other clubs, including Real Madrid, are now announcing they won't compete. There's so much money in the sport now that everyone is desperate to squeeze out every penny. It's become a real problem.

That said, the Euros has always been one of my favourite tournaments, often more interesting than the World Cup. We're flying our Italian flag for now, but I don't expect them to go deep this year.

Haha - Pickford beaten like the tw@t he is.
Denmark looking dangerous!!

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Seeing as how I watch England through the lens of being a Liverpool supporter, it's been fascinating how a section of the media in the UK (I'm looking at you, Sky and TalkSport) have made this tournament more about Trent Alexander-Arnold than almost anything else, including Foden's invisibility, Bellingham's brilliance, or Southgate's total lack of imagination. Yet again, they go ahead early, only to sit back and invite pressure. This time, the other side was luckier than Serbia and managed to put one away.

I expect Italy to play for the draw today. They don't have much firepower, and would be thrilled with 0-0. Considering the xG is currently 0.20 to Spain, and 0.00 for Italy, that seems to be how it's playing out...

Only say the fist 30 min where they were loosing 1-0.

Glad they pulled through and won.

Only say the fist 30 min where they were loosing 1-0.

Glad they pulled through and won.

It wasn’t looking good for them. Different team in the 2nd half. I think someone reminded them of what people back home were hoping for!

Maybe I will watch the replay of the match.

Now hoping for my motherland to make us proud.

Of course someone calls a meeting during the match....where's an online LIVE game I can catch? All I find are FIFA video game streams.

Of course someone calls a meeting during the match....where's an online LIVE game I can catch? All I find are FIFA video game streams.
Can you not move your office in front of the TV?

If you have TSN as part of your TV package, you can log in to the TSN website using your TV account and watch in a browser. Even has PIP, so you can drop the game in the bottom right of your screen and still appear to be paying attention in a Teams meeting. You just have to be careful not to cheer or curse, don't ask me how I know...

Don’t switch it on
I turned it on...I'm not happy. Going back to the basement office. It's cooler, and at least I can do something productive (like workout) during boring meetings.

Penalty kick and POL : AUT (1:3)

Back
Top Bottom