EURO/COPA '24 | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

EURO/COPA '24

0-0 and 1-1 (55th min)

I’m pulling for Austria. Would love to see them finish above the Dutch.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

**** me England are woeful.
Never seen a group of fans so angry despite winning the group. Arguably the worst group of all time, mind. Lots of Scouse Republicans online having a grand old time that the scapegoat du jour, Trent Alexander-Arnold, being out of the side made them noticeably worse. Unless they make the semis at least, Southgate had best settle into life in Spain for the foreseeable.

Austria winning a group with France and Netherlands in it is genuinely amazing. Opposite to Southgate, Rangnick has that side drilled to perfection, and I can see why he turned down Bayern to see this out. He'll be able to name his price after this, and considering the 2-4 spots in Group F are awfully soft, he has a good shot at going deeper.

Very interesting round of 16 coming up. Would love to see the Swiss upset the Italians. Also curious to see how far Romania can take this Cinderella story.

I think Portugal is in jeopardy of being upset. They are not playing well at all.

England, Germany, Spain and a France should all advance.

Thoughts?

Other than England being their pitiful self, I'm actually enjoying the outcomes of these games. No longer there are pushover teams and everyone is at somewhat of an equal footing. Georgia played with heart and Czech should of won but c'est la vie.

England somehow just mange to steal the joy of the game, I want to put the blame squarely on Southgate, but it takes a the entire staff and leadership to screw up a talent of this magnitude. I would drop Kane and go with the false 9 and let Foden run wild, give Palmer a starting chance and send Trent to gather woods and water to make some soup for the boys. Seems weird to say that as a Liverpool fan, but the man is lost in the weeds. Southgate just needs to find his balls if he ever had any and play the damn game; win or lose.

Go Georgia!

Other than England being their pitiful self, I'm actually enjoying the outcomes of these games. No longer there are pushover teams and everyone is at somewhat of an equal footing. Georgia played with heart and Czech should of won but c'est la vie.

England somehow just mange to steal the joy of the game, I want to put the blame squarely on Southgate, but it takes a the entire staff and leadership to screw up a talent of this magnitude. I would drop Kane and go with the false 9 and let Foden run wild, give Palmer a starting chance and send Trent to gather woods and water to make some soup for the boys. Seems weird to say that as a Liverpool fan, but the man is lost in the weeds. Southgate just needs to find his balls if he ever had any and play the damn game; win or lose.

Go Georgia!

Here’s what needs to happen…the Royal Navy steams over to the Falklands at top speed…annexes Argentina. Then we field the Argentina 11 as the new England team. Klopp as manager.

Really feel for Ukraine. I'd like to start a petition to let them advance and just not allow anyone from England's group of garbage to advance at all. At least they went for it instead of the tepid football we've seen from so many of the so-called big sides where England isn't the only side underperforming. They have company with France, Belgium, Portugal, and the Netherlands. I'd say Italy was underperforming, but I actually think that side is really weak and just performing to their level.

France is the most likely to 'wake up', I think, purely based on recent performances and a proven manager, whereas Belgium and the Netherlands both suffer from similarly uninspired management to England. On paper, the draw is extremely unbalanced and does England a massive favour, but from play so far, Austria may be the best team in the tournament, so maybe it's more balanced than it first appears.

Based on the group stages, it should be a Spain-Austria final, but that'll never play out. Would really love to see some big upsets by smaller countries, though...

I think a lot of the “top” teams are on the same side of the draw - so hopefully while they’re playing each other to stalemates and thusly penalties, we’ll get some of the little fish into the quarters and semis!

Back
Top Bottom