Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house? | Page 495 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house?

I’d get an outdoor structure to store the bikes outside if I could be convinced they would be 100% safe. Too many degenerates thieving from garden sheds here though.
Is anything 100% safe anymore, they'd burn your house down with you in it to get something they want...

In the UK where I used to live anything not bolted down was fair game to be stolen. It’s not quite that bad here yet.
It is that bad in Barrie. Every single night there are hordes of zombies checking every vehicle to see if the doors are locked and looting sheds/garages if unlocked. So far, the vast majority of incidents have been unlocked buildings/vehicles. If a bicycle is locked up, they will cut the locks and steal it. The encampments have hundreds of bikes in them. Basically hoarding for no good purpose.

It is that bad in Barrie. Every single night there are hordes of zombies checking every vehicle to see if the doors are locked and looting sheds/garages if unlocked. So far, the vast majority of incidents have been unlocked buildings/vehicles. If a bicycle is locked up, they will cut the locks and steal it. The encampments have hundreds of bikes in them. Basically hoarding for no good purpose.

That’s where we may be headed unless they do something serious about the addicts roaming about.

That’s where we may be headed unless they do something serious about the addicts roaming about.
Sadly never gonna happen. Whether it be addicts, "New Canadians", or punk kids nothing will be done, to think otherwise is naive..

But on another note, should be finished the new patio at our front entrance today!

I know people that chain up their BBQs, Ornate flower pots get stolen.
All my patio chairs are chained to the table. I have lost two sets of chairs in the past. They never seem to want the tables. So, since I chained to the tables they have stayed put.

Although, it might be the cameras that have discouraged them, not sure.

If I had decent ceilings in my garage I’d do something like that or get the electric hoist Mike showed and fit a platform to it. Unfortunately they are super low. The highest ceiling in the house is the alcove where I’m putting the manual hoist.

That system you linked to is made by Harken, they make higher end pulleys and blocks for stage sets , marine and industrial. It’s a good value and will work flawlessly.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I installed this window on the weekend. It is on the second floor and between the two houses. I did 95%+ of the entire install hanging out of the opening as I do not like working from ladders.

I moved a wall inside that is why it is not centred and I needed a smaller window (the wall landed inside of the old window). I got the window on FBMP for cheap. I used PVC outdoor "trim" around the window. I installed it all hanging out the window opening, (measure 10 times, cut once...) and then slid the window into the opening from the inside. Just the final caulking from the outside between the trim and window on the ladder.

20240825_163511.jpg

Some good progress this week. Using my vacation but MUCH more productive then 3-4hrs on weekends…especially since majority of weekends have been raining this summer.

Back fence done around shed…

1724777634798.jpeg

Patio stones levelled out and reinstalled…

1724777658919.jpeg

Just need some sand to dry up and then I’ll fill the joints properly.

Think I’ll finally order that yard sign for our business and pop it up front.

Not sure what to do with the old fence boards….shockingly they’re over $4/each and I spent $190 for 17ft of fencing….i have close to 300ft of fencing.

Will pressure wash the old boards to see how they look as I feel many can be repurposed for the new fence as vast majority is in good shape.

Thoughts?

Will have plenty of PT 4x4 which appear in good shape also inside. Will need to think of a purpose for them also.

Some good progress this week. Using my vacation but MUCH more productive then 3-4hrs on weekends…especially since majority of weekends have been raining this summer.

Back fence done around shed…

View attachment 69518

Patio stones levelled out and reinstalled…

View attachment 69519

Just need some sand to dry up and then I’ll fill the joints properly.

Think I’ll finally order that yard sign for our business and pop it up front.
What's the plan for the fence posts?

Not sure what to do with the old fence boards….shockingly they’re over $4/each and I spent $190 for 17ft of fencing….i have close to 300ft of fencing.

Will pressure wash the old boards to see how they look as I feel many can be repurposed for the new fence as vast majority is in good shape.

Thoughts?

Will have plenty of PT 4x4 which appear in good shape also inside. Will need to think of a purpose for them also.
100% keep them if you can, you'll need wood for something.

Our hood is still pretty good. YRP and the city of Markham have done an excellent job in the Zombie control department.

Not fully in line with the thread but….found this at the cottage and have no clue what it could be.

I have no clue. Dad forgot. Been sitting up there a while.

1724846959309.jpeg

1724846971378.jpeg

1724846987601.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom