Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house? | Page 493 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house?

Can’t figure out how to tighten up the top “elbow” of this Moen faucet. The base is tight to the counter and the pullout part is tight enough (goes back in fully) but the top elbow seems loose/wobbly.
There’s no way to tighten it from the top.

Needs to be 100% flush when you tighten underneath otherwise it’ll never tighten up.

If it’s used it could be the gasket that’s not properly compressing.

Can’t figure out how to tighten up the top “elbow” of this Moen faucet. The base is tight to the counter and the pullout part is tight enough (goes back in fully) but the top elbow seems loose/wobbly.
Pic isn't clear enough to see a seem in the faucet, but my Moen has one. It's nearly parallel with the tap.
Run your finger down the backside of the faucet (the side facing the wall).
You'll notice/feel a small indent, round hole.
Inside is a small allen screw. Get the right size key, and snug it up.

There’s no way to tighten it from the top.

Needs to be 100% flush when you tighten underneath otherwise it’ll never tighten up.

If it’s used it could be the gasket that’s not properly compressing.
It's definitely flush. No other way to tighten from underneath.
Pic isn't clear enough to see a seem in the faucet, but my Moen has one. It's nearly parallel with the tap.
Run your finger down the backside of the faucet (the side facing the wall).
You'll notice/feel a small indent, round hole.
Inside is a small allen screw. Get the right size key, and snug it up.
Thanks, I'll take a look.

Went to my sis' place for a pool party last night...of course the kids and wife now want a pool! LoL

I'm going to re-install our above ground next year but will be looking for a new pump / filter as the one that came with our 14ft pool is hot garbage poo.

If anyone knows of a good source for a pump / filter combo please let me know. Also if you have insight into heating this thing, I'll go back a few pages as I know the topic has come up.

Sis keeps her pool at warm soup level and it was fantastically warm to swim in last night. Coming out though...

Went to my sis' place for a pool party last night...of course the kids and wife now want a pool! LoL

I'm going to re-install our above ground next year but will be looking for a new pump / filter as the one that came with our 14ft pool is hot garbage poo.

If anyone knows of a good source for a pump / filter combo please let me know. Also if you have insight into heating this thing, I'll go back a few pages as I know the topic has come up.

Sis keeps her pool at warm soup level and it was fantastically warm to swim in last night. Coming out though...
I don't really understand the differentiation between above ground and in-ground pool equipment. I would look for someone that upgraded their inground and buy their old sand filter and single speed pump (lots of people want variable speed and cartridge filters). That should be pretty cheap. A 1-1.5hp pump and almost any size sand filter will be great for your pool. I like sand filters better than cartridge filters anyway (although they are much heavier if you want to move them out of the way for the winter).

I have a single speed pump with a failing bearing. I will pull it apart and see how it looks. If I fix it, I can sell it to you for scrap value plus the bearing cost.

To avoid the capital cost of a heater, a coil of soft copper thrown in the bbq probably works good enough. Costs a bit more in gas but capital cost is very low and any pool temp could be achieved with a days notice.

Costco has a well priced rectangular pool. Get that plus a heat pump and you are off. Here is a cheap sand filter and pump to get you going.https://m.vevor.ca/swimming-pool-pump-c_11100/vevor-sand-filter-pump-for-above-ground-pools-16-inch-3500-gph-1-hp-swimming-pool-pumps-system-filters-combo-set-with-6-way-multi-port-valve-and-strainer-basket-for-domestic-and-commercial-pools-p_010901887177

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

One last thing I will leave here https://torontopoolsupplies.ca/swim...8McLlrQTjyqasghkhqjd3yaBVM2_pFFwaAtfDEALw_wcB

Haha was looking at that this morning. 10k for full kit. Excavator. And an HVAC guy to hook it all up.
I’m in the same boat as you after the kiddos swam at our cousins last weekend. The kiddy pool just isn’t going to cut it now. You should install that one then come help do one at my place after learning how it’s done :)

I didn’t find a seam or a screw on the back of the tap. Still haven’t figured out to tighten it. I can pull it up this much though but can’t see anything in that gap.

Attachments

• IMG_5660.jpeg
    IMG_5660.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 13
I didn’t find a seam or a screw on the back of the tap. Still haven’t figured out to tighten it. I can pull it up this much though but can’t see anything in that gap.
Oh snap my mistake. I thought it was the part right on the bottom. Oops. Sorry for that.

This looks like your parts. Spout may just be held down by gravity and friction.

mcbob-04.jpg

mcbob-02.jpg

This looks like your parts. Spout may just be held down by gravity and friction.

mcbob-04.jpg

mcbob-02.jpg
Thanks, I guess it’s just normal. Yeah that gap is only visible if I pull it up. Just the top being kinda wobbly was my issue but it’s not terrible.

Damnit today's rain filled the pond higher than the garage doors so the drain from in front of the doors to the pond was working backwards not quite enough water to reach the joining wall with the house but about an inch in the first 1/2 of the garage. First time this has happened since we have lived here.

Does anyone have a pressure washer they’d recommend? I have this one and it’s starting to only work when it feels like it. Lasted 7yrs now with light use and the 1800psi has been strong enough for most jobs I’ve needed it for.

Attachments

• IMG_5703.png
    IMG_5703.png
    316.3 KB · Views: 5
Does anyone have a pressure washer they’d recommend? I have this one and it’s starting to only work when it feels like it. Lasted 7yrs now with light use and the 1800psi has been strong enough for most jobs I’ve needed it for.
For light duty I bought a sunjoe on prime day. It's fine. I'm still keeping my eyes open for a 4000 psi 4gpm for bigger jobs. They are more than I'm willing to pay.

Back
Top Bottom