Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house? | Page 492 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house?

I’m audiophile but my family is not (I’m sure when the kids get to driving age and compare the stereo in my vehicle to theirs they’ll get the bug though). I had a full Sonos stereo in my last home and the Echo’s sound 80% as good as those Sonos that are 3-4X the price.
Proper placement is important.

I’m audiophile but my family is not (I’m sure when the kids get to driving age and compare the stereo in my vehicle to theirs they’ll get the bug though). I had a full Sonos stereo in my last home and the Echo’s sound 80% as good as those Sonos that are 3-4X the price.
Proper placement is important.
FWIW, for me echo studio is slightly better than google nest hub max but I don't enjoy listening to music on either one. Their signature is like Bose where they process to the moon and everything is muddy and muffled. They are acceptable for the family or quiet background music that you aren't paying attention too. For the family, giving up sound quality in exchange for voice control was the right path. I was contemplating Sonos one instead of the studio but the reviews seemed to mirror your opinion and it was a big price jump for minimal gain. Google home max was discontinued when I was looking. GNHM in the kitchen is awesome. It's the best kitchen timer I've used. It is versatile and used for lots of things (including kid dance parties) but imo doesn't sound great.

Last edited:
Setup my workstation for tonight’s projects…

Repair the top box that got damaged…

1721840564564.jpeg

1721840575275.jpeg

And replace the canopy that got damaged by being kept outside in our yard all last year…

1721840602095.jpeg

FWIW, for me echo studio is slightly better than google nest hub max but I don't enjoy listening to music on either one. Their signature is like Bose where they process to the moon and everything is muddy and muffled. They are acceptable for the family or quiet background music that you aren't paying attention too. For the family, giving up sound quality in exchange for voice control was the right path. I was contemplating Sonos one instead of the studio but the reviews seemed to mirror your opinion and it was a big price jump for minimal gain. Google home max was discontinued when I was looking. GNHM in the kitchen is awesome. It's the best kitchen timer I've used. It is versatile and used for lots of things (including kid dance parties) but imo doesn't sound great.
Agreed, but experiment with placement near a wall/corner. The closer to the surface the more they’ll load and accentuate bass. Further away you should notice the sound clean up. Won’t be perfect, but there’s an acceptable sweet-spot.

Agreed, but experiment with placement near a wall/corner. The closer to the surface the more they’ll load and accentuate bass. Further away you should notice the sound clean up. Won’t be perfect, but there’s an acceptable sweet-spot.
As it's a playroom, i want to keep the centre clear. It is about a foot off the wall on a table. Amazon has a voodoo adaptation similar to mcacc but it didn't noticeably improve things. It's good enough for the kids.

A ****** job. Composting toilet stopped working properly. Of course right after a bunch of people took dumps in it. Ugh. On the upside quick replies and useful advice from the canadian supplier.

Problem turned out to be a failed thermal cut-out on the mixing motor. I'm trying to source one now but it's a shaded pole motor so not really required.

Glorious day yesterday for installing the first fence panel….thought I was gonna pass out from the heat.

1722252666772.jpeg

Dad found an 8” auger somewhere and bolted it to his small machine. It was struggling but well take up @Scuba Steve offer when the full fence is gonna be done.

1722252763740.jpeg

Kevin strikes again! Why use a single appropriately sized faucet hose when you can string 2 shorter ones together?

1722287496069.jpeg

Also why allow for any space to actually do work? Make it so tight the grout crumbles when you tighten the connection.
1722287509232.jpeg

FU Kevin…

Kevin strikes again! Why use a single appropriately sized faucet hose when you can string 2 shorter ones together?

View attachment 69026

Also why allow for any space to actually do work? Make it so tight the grout crumbles when you tighten the connection.
View attachment 69027

FU Kevin…
You also have a gravity problem on the drain. Try to slide up on the tailpiece as far as you can.

Composting toilet is fixed. $15 for a new thermal cutout on motor windings.

Electronics workbench got some upgrades. Found a Fluke 8050 for a great price. Made in 1983 and still works great. Within calibration to the best of my ability to test. For some reason it was setup to run on 220 so that had to be changed but that was simple. No longer need to deal with the hassle of me taking the portable multimeter away from the bench to deal with other problems.

Also added a variable isolated transformer. Makes things a lot safer when working on AC projects. With input power at 124.6, output can be varied from 0 to 176V at up to 1000W.

Getting tired of replacing batteries in touch faucet. Bought a generic power supply and it's fighting me. Valve constantly cycles when powered. 99% sure it is noise from the power supply. Working on cutting that down. There is an approved power supply but it costs almost 10x the money.

Also added an air filter in the garage. Starting to get a coating of dust on things. Firing up the filter when making a mess hopefully helps.

Switched the water spray cooler on for the gazebo for first time today. Works well. The zapper is for wasps. Very satisfying!
c4c601f181173475d8e9e3aba4d76edb.jpg
a0b3f9a68e49e6694efaf635940ca6a4.jpg
51f6ee019c84bad7310840d11a960721.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

I’d rather be riding but the sheds were impassable so organization it is.

The center row of boxes are all of our camping gear….🤦🏻‍♂️

1723309703878.jpeg

Second shed also for some organization in, but not to this level yet.

Garage is next.

Can’t figure out how to tighten up the top “elbow” of this Moen faucet. The base is tight to the counter and the pullout part is tight enough (goes back in fully) but the top elbow seems loose/wobbly.

Attachments

• IMG_5646.jpeg
    IMG_5646.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom