Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house? | Page 490 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house?

Found the leak in my roof! Nail around one of the vents.

Took out the wet insulation. Put in a bucket, and will fix once the weather gets dryer.

As for my head…I need to start wearing hard hats….looks like I won’t be shaving my head for a week days as it heals…

I wear a bicycle helmet in attics , vents and doesn’t fall off when I bend over

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
Genius idea! Thank you!

As for doing around the house yesterday….no house flooding but spent 5hrs draining the backyard out as I was ankle deep in spots.

Kevin made a wonderfully waterproof fence so I had to cut out some small pieces just off the ground to let it flow out better.

Need a way to open it up while not letting critters in. Think I’ve got some stucco lathe mesh laying around.

1721213843915.jpeg

1721213856367.jpeg

@mimico_polak That looks like my backyard every spring. I end up with duck swimming around for about 3 weeks each year. Hubby started calling it Lake Cutekill. LOL

@mimico_polak That looks like my backyard every spring. I end up with duck swimming around for about 3 weeks each year. Hubby started calling it Lake Cutekill. LOL
The drainage I built last year helped with Mondays storm. But yesterday it overpowered it.

One neighbour has 5” in his basement. Another neighbour had their pool overfill and created a tsunami of mud to the next door neighbours pool and it’s now a swamp.

Third neighbour had 2 pumps running from his backyard.

And half the street was pumping out water from either their basements or back yards.

My property backs up to a railroad, the old culvert under the tracks was abandoned long ago and my property is the lowest one. Twice in the past week my shed floor has been under water - yesterday it was high enough to swamp my lawn mower (today's project).
I'm currently working with the town, who will bring in a miniex to try and locate the old catch basin and rejunvinate it.
Oh and CN rail sucks huge!! Had on of their guys try to tell me the drain was on higher ground near my neighbours.
Me: how would the water get up there?
CN: there was a ditch!

Genius idea! Thank you!

As for doing around the house yesterday….no house flooding but spent 5hrs draining the backyard out as I was ankle deep in spots.

Kevin made a wonderfully waterproof fence so I had to cut out some small pieces just off the ground to let it flow out better.

Need a way to open it up while not letting critters in. Think I’ve got some stucco lathe mesh laying around.

View attachment 68791

View attachment 68792
Did you let the little ones out to try the waterslide park? Big bucks everywhere else.

Did you let the little ones out to try the waterslide park? Big bucks everywhere else.
No...because they would be trying to fish out the worms that were swimming in my back yard.

We chose to keep them under lock and key while I dealt with it.

No...because they would be trying to fish out the worms that were swimming in my back yard.

We chose to keep them under lock and key while I dealt with it.
Worms have lots of protein and worms don't bite. lol

What a day...
Getting a little work done. Basically replacing the siding, soffits, facia, gutters & down pipes on this little peaked part on the front of the house.
Peak Right.jpgPeak Left.jpgPeak Center.jpg

You can see the recent repoint work on the brick and we covered the siding to rule out leakage from this area.

Found out there is nothing behind the siding.. Surprise #1 (but not surprised)
Siding.jpg
You can see the blown insulation and the bad trim work allow water to flow into the house...
Then we found out that the right side of the peak the roof is rotten..
Roof.jpg
I expect the entire peak will need new plywood and shingles at this point. The "new" shingles are less than 4 years old, but were installed right over the old shingles and we can see exposed nail heads.. "Kevin" strikes again !?!

What a view @Jampy00 I'll have to make my way up to you one of these days. There is no shortage of Kevins in the world unfortunately.

If you want some James Hardie siding let me know! Got plenty left over.

What a view @Jampy00 I'll have to make my way up to you one of these days. There is no shortage of Kevins in the world unfortunately.

If you want some James Hardie siding let me know! Got plenty left over.
Thanks, I'll need WAY more than what you are offering and now thanks to these surprises I'm B-R-O-K-E...
But, I'd love to have you visit, bring the family. Open offer!

2 posts in! Stupid 6” auger is too small and short so it starts the hole…but the rest is hand digging….anyone got an 8” auger / post hole digger?

1721495043458.jpeg

2 posts in! Stupid 6” auger is too small and short so it starts the hole…but the rest is hand digging….anyone got an 8” auger / post hole digger?

View attachment 68872
If you rent one from HD. Make sure to rent the towable one and not the 2 person helicopter style.

View attachment 68872
of course I do come and get it.
631eeff0be1a9534a413c9b9fc911efa.jpg
ad37963d7a9428bb7265278e7d68eac1.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

You’ve got everything there! Let me see when I can pop out your way. How long is the 8” auger? I need about 4ft but even shorter my dad can make an attachment for it.
Auger is just over 3 feet but the power head will go down with it giving you 5 feet
Bring the van I will give you the machine on a trailer.

Auger is just over 3 feet but the power head will go down with it giving you 5 feet
Bring the van I will give you the machine on a trailer.

The whole machine would be required when I do all my posts. I've got 2 posts left so I'll see when I can pop by for the auger.

Back
Top Bottom