Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house? | Page 479 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house?

1717095207085.png

Google knows when you poop...
It would be really interesting to see into the belly of the beast. With precise location on combined with accelerometer data, it could probably build a decent layout of your home and office. I am pretty sure this is why amazon bought irobot as the new ones actively map your house. That data helps amazon target things you are likely to need.

I actually checked if I didn't get 2 last time.

The first question I was asked " do we need a new dishwasher?". Not sure if there was a good morning in there.

This dishwasher has been nothing but crap in my opinion.
Hated it from day 2. And that's not even from the fact that it has had the same part fail 3 times.
For a long time it wouldn't dissolve the detergent tabs, or the dishes smelled like the washing chemicals.
It also doesn't have a heating element to dry the dishes..
It dries the dishes by rinsing them with boiling water so they heat up and dry themselves from the temperature.

When the time comes, it's replacemebt will not be a Bosch.
Very strange that's the opposite of our experience everything else has been crap. We love our boss 8 years old now and hasn't had a single issue. Only dishwasher we've ever had that actually gets the dishes clean this is My third one only reason for new ones is because we moved

Sent from the future

Very strange that's the opposite of our experience everything else has been crap. We love our boss 8 years old now and hasn't had a single issue. Only dishwasher we've ever had that actually gets the dishes clean this is My third one only reason for new ones is because we moved

Sent from the future
Which one did you get? 300? I'm second guessing my quest for a 500 now.

Which one did you get? 300? I'm second guessing my quest for a 500 now.
Sure all of them we've had have been 300 series pretty flawless yes there is no heating element to dry. I've never had a problem with the dishes not getting dry but we usually pop the door open after it's done and let it sit for a couple hours

Sent from the future

Sure all of them we've had have been 300 series pretty flawless yes there is no heating element to dry. I've never had a problem with the dishes not getting dry but we usually pop the door open after it's done and let it sit for a couple hours

Sent from the future
Ours doesn't have the pop door open feature.

It would be really interesting to see into the belly of the beast. With precise location on combined with accelerometer data, it could probably build a decent layout of your home and office. I am pretty sure this is why amazon bought irobot as the new ones actively map your house. That data helps amazon target things you are likely to need.
Exactly why I don't want to let google into my home with products like Nest, cameras etc. They know enough with the rest of the stuff I use, and they don't need to know when and how long it takes me to poop!
But somehow I think they have figured that out.

Exactly why I don't want to let google into my home with products like Nest, cameras etc. They know enough with the rest of the stuff I use, and they don't need to know when and how long it takes me to poop!
But somehow I think they have figured that out.
Pretty sure they know more about your than you know about yourself.......

I understand where your concern is about the smart companies knowing anything and everything about us and trying to avoid that.

Sad part is that, unless you are living under a rock in Timbuctoo, you can't get away from it. There is no such thing as privacy anymore.

It looks like only two of the 500's have it. Bosch doesn't make it really easy to figure out why you would pick one of their 52 dishwashers.
Respectfully, leave it to the Germans to overcomplete things.

It looks like only two of the 500's have it. Bosch doesn't make it really easy to figure out why you would pick one of their 52 dishwashers.

When I bought mine I looked into this. The differences in the models are plastic tub vs stainless then passive drying, drying with door pop , drying with zeolite. Aside from that it’s front handle options and control locations, smart vs non-smart. The actual moving parts are mostly the same.

We have the zeolite one, non-smart. It’s been great.

Respectfully, leave it to the Germans to overcomplete things.
So true.
German engineering = over engineering.

After owning a VW and working at company using German made software, it was an eye opener, never again.

When I bought mine I looked into this. The differences in the models are plastic tub vs stainless then passive drying, drying with door pop , drying with zeolite. Aside from that it’s front handle options and control locations, smart vs non-smart. The actual moving parts are mostly the same.

We have the zeolite one, non-smart. It’s been great.
That's the rough idea but they make it harder than it needs to be. If that was the progression for 100/300/500/800, it would make more sense but some of those jumps happen in the middle of a level (eg autoair is only on the top half of 500). I have no idea what the difference is between the bottom half of 500 and the 300's. The 500 has a different 3rd rack but that's hardly a reason for a $400 bump.

Here's the product matrix.
1920.webp

That's the rough idea but they make it harder than it needs to be. If that was the progression for 100/300/500/800, it would make more sense but some of those jumps happen in the middle of a level (eg autoair is only on the top half of 500). I have no idea what the difference is between the bottom half of 500 and the 300's.

Here's the blurry product matrix. I can find many blurry copies but no clean copy.
1920.webp
No idea what auto-air is. That looks like an outlier. We have the crystal dry. Works like a charm. For a dishwasher without a heating element the glassware and dishes are piping hot at the end of a cycle. Need to let them cool down or I’ve found myself juggling dishes and swearing a lot. It cleans very very well. In typical German over engineering fashion there’s a sensor that monitors the outflow and the cycle doesn’t stop until the water is purer than a German nun.

No idea what auto-air is. That looks like an outlier. We have the crystal dry. Works like a charm. For a dishwasher without a heating element the glassware and dishes are piping hot at the end of a cycle. Need to let them cool down or I’ve found myself juggling dishes and swearing a lot. It cleans very very well. In typical German over engineering fashion there’s a sensor that monitors the outflow and the cycle doesn’t stop until the water is purer than a German nun.
Puredry is f&*^% all. Autoair is door pop. CrystalDry is fan/heater/zeolite. There is a lot of marketing wank around zeolite but reading between the lines, it's dessicant that gets dried by a heater. So instead of using a heater to dry the dishes, to be different and german they use dessicant to dry the dishes and then a heater to dry the dessicant.

Puredry is f&*^% all. Autoair is door pop. CrystalDry is fan/heater/zeolite. There is a lot of marketing wank around zeolite but reading between the lines, it's dessicant that gets dried by a heater. So instead of using a heater to dry the dishes, to be different and german they use dessicant to dry the dishes and then a heater to dry the dessicant.

Something like that. It does work. Takes less energy to dry the desiccant than dry the dishes.

Actually, I think the water plus desiccant = heat and that’s what dries the dishes.

Something like that. It does work. Takes less energy to dry the desiccant than dry the dishes.

Actually, I think the water plus desiccant = heat and that’s what dries the dishes.
I prefer the old method.
Not sure if the savings in energy efficiency is calculateble.

Back
Top Bottom