Breaking in brand new tire stories? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Breaking in brand new tire stories?

You lost me there for a second. Do what in an empty parking lot?

The parking/ empty lot riding just allows you to slowly scrub the tire of towards the edge of the tire. That way you reduce the chances of slipping in the corners. However this only really applies if you like to get your bike real deep into the corners. If you just putt around town or what not it not so much of an issue. A good reason to scrub your tires in is for the just in case factor. Yeah you could let them scrub in on their own but what if you needed to make an emergecy maneuver on the road. What you you prefer, fully scrubbed tires or fresh un-scrubbed tires.

Long story short it doesn't hurt to find a place to safely work in your new tires.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

The parking/ empty lot riding just allows you to slowly scrub the tire of towards the edge of the tire. That way you reduce the chances of slipping in the corners. However this only really applies if you like to get your bike real deep into the corners. If you just putt around town or what not it not so much of an issue. A good reason to scrub your tires in is for the just in case factor. Yeah you could let them scrub in on their own but what if you needed to make an emergecy maneuver on the road. What you you prefer, fully scrubbed tires or fresh un-scrubbed tires.

Long story short it doesn't hurt to find a place to safely work in your new tires.

lol

New tires require NO WORKING IN AT ALL.

your information is inaccurate.

Uhh my gt-501 were quite slippy for about the first. 120km

Last edited:
Uhh my gt-501 were quite slippy for about the first. 120km. Yes even after they warmed up. Now the stop quicker and I don't get little slips in the corners now. So say what up want I don't care. Both my dunlops needed broken in. Both my 400 and on my 750.

Last edited:
no tire takes 120km to break in unless it is not at operating temperature.

this is a mental misconception that many riders have about new tires.

If you tell everyone asphalt is yellow and pink, is it actually yellow and pink because you say so and don't care if anyone tells you otherwise?

Last edited:
G
no tire takes 120km to break in unless it is not at operating temperature.

this is a mental misconception that many riders have about new tires.

Gt-501s are the only tires I buy now. But they slip a bit from brand new. I don't care what you know about tires. I've tried about 4 different types on my bikes and they are the best on my bike. But after 2 sets of these tires I know that fro brand spanking new the don't stop as quick and slip a tad in the corner. It prob didn't take a full 120k to scrub them but that's when I start to notice Better preformance from that tire.

Last edited:
now, if someone put a brand new set of those tires on your bike, but you believed they had, say 200km on them, would you know the difference??

what you THINK and what is true are often 2 different things, I've seen these tests done and the results don't lie.

I find that amazing as when we race, I sell the tires as scrubbs at that point (120+clicks on them)- Hell they go on the track with the paper labels still on them and don't slide at all- must be very different tires

now, if someone put a brand new set of those tires on your bike, but you believed they had, say 200km on them, would you know the difference??

what you THINK and what is true are often 2 different things, I've seen these tests done and the results don't lie.

I'd have to ride them to make that judgement wouldn't I? Just search the web for that tire and everyone says the same, great after the scrub. Mabey your preferred brands are different but if the gt's are like that I'm sure there are other brands that are the same. However the post about this tire around the net from the users of this tire at least all say the same so im not the only one that has found this.

I'd have to ride them to make that judgement wouldn't I? Just search the web for that tire and everyone says the same, great after the scrub. Mabey your preferred brands are different but if the gt's are like that I'm sure there are other brands that are the same. However the post about this tire around the net from the users of this tire at least all say the same so im not the only one that has found this.

I guess if the internet says so, it must be true.

Not for a while. I've got about. 1,500-2,000km on these. That pic was after about 60km

ah yeah I can still see the release agent glistening on them

Back
Top Bottom