BMW owners movement! | Page 25 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW owners movement!

My husband (aka Skapan on this forum), just sold his beautiful 2009 K13S for the absolutely FUGLY 2013 K13R (Black)
confused.gif
Gotta tell ya ... it's seriously fugly ... don't think it will grow on me

It really will be beauty and the beast when we go riding
roflol2.gif

There is no such thing as a fugly black Beemer of any variety...If I didn't prefer long distance touring over streetfighting I would have seriously considered the black K13R as well. Skapan made a great choice!

K13R is absolutely beautiful. I did find it to be too much power though; after the demo I was satisfied back on my F800R!

Nice options....
20130522_180442_zpsffec307b.jpg

Just picked up a 2011 BMW F800r from a fellow GTAM member who is leaving to teach in China.

Really enjoying the nimble handling and braking of the F8R and pleasantly surprised with the nice mid-range the twin offers.

Has anyone had service done at Serpa BMW recently? Bought my bike there and had it serviced there as well. Haven't had any experience since the new ownership.

Has anyone had service done at Serpa BMW recently? Bought my bike there and had it serviced there as well. Haven't had any experience since the new ownership.

In some languages, Serpa means snake....I'd be careful. You'd be best to head to Budd's BMW in Oakville. They will treat you royally.

I had my 10k service done (Nov 2012) at Serpa ( this was before knowing about Budd's). I had the bike certified and checked over 1 day before at Z1 cycletech. Serpa found that the coolant was low, I asked if there was any leaks or why the coolant could be low. They told me there was no leak, and gave me no real reason the coolant could be low. I told them I had the bike saftied the day before and the coolant was fine and if there was a leak the bike was still under warranty until 2014. Rick said he'd talk to the tech and call me back. He calls me back says he found water in the coolant (ok? there is water in the coolant.. I agree) so he's recommending a coolant flush. I said ok what happened to the coolant being low? Apparently there was a mistake and there is water in the coolant. At this point I'm confused... I ask about the leak. He says there's no leak. I told him to just leave it as is I'll bring my own coolant and I'll top it off. Just let me know when I can pick up my bike. The service manager is snakey... and really unhelpful. Couldn't even get me a price on a battery tender via email... but that's a story for another day.

I took it back to Z1 for a once over afterwards and everything checked out according to the BMW checklist they gave me at Serpa. Coolant was fine and no leaks.

I don't think I'll be going to Serpa for any more services. I'll be heading to Budd's for the remainder of my warranty term and Z1 for oil / tire changes.

Yes ... on 5 bikes. I have always had great service

I just don't see it as being fugly. Picked up a 2012 K13R SE last September.

Back
Top Bottom