BMW owners movement! | Page 24 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW owners movement!

Hi everyone. I just got my first beemer (HP4) this side of the pond (I got an old K100 I keep in Germany for touring around there). The Sertao and F800ST are excellent for what they are made for and very versatile. I was toying with an F800ST for a daily driver, but having always wanted a side-car bike, I went bought an Ural (gasp!) and will use that for around town and commuting...I live downtown, so I didn't want to ride a 190 hp sportsbike around with all the streetcar tracks...in fact, the HP4 is kept in the suburbs for track days.
Anyhow, are there any regular BMW rider meetings in Toronto???

HP4?!! oh man.. so jealous! Congratulations!

Anyone get the F800GT ? Looks like a nice sport tourer/commuter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr0DRK1h1Hc

My friend just bought a 2013 F800GT today, burnt organt ... seriously beautiful bike. Should be ready end of the week. She is crazy excited to get it !!! This model includes ESA which is really nice. She's a new rider, but it's such a user friendly bike. She's gonna love it

Sold my 2007 F800ST to another friend ... she is so excited to get riding. The rear axle issue was fully replaced and I was able to get BMW Canada to pay for half of it ... huge issue with these bikes in 2007. Anyway, I graduated to a new 2012 K1300S last August ... absolutely amazing bike ... it the perfect sport/tour bike. Did a bunch of stuff to make it work for me (lowered, didn't lose the ESA, pazzos, sargent seat, custom paint, carbon fibre etc etc).

Just can't get enough of riding it. Been out 5 times so far this spring (if you can call it spring), out again tomorrow (playing hooky) ... I'm almost at 7k on it so far ... this bike is way too much fun and I just can't get enough of it :thumbup::happy7: Hope to meet up with some fellow beemers over the summer

View attachment 31880

Hey Vickie

Did you get your lowering done at John Sharrard's shop? I was admiring a K1300S in there earlier this year that he was working on.
John did my F800ST suspension.

My friend just bought a 2013 F800GT today, burnt organt ... seriously beautiful bike. Should be ready end of the week. She is crazy excited to get it !!! This model includes ESA which is really nice. She's a new rider, but it's such a user friendly bike. She's gonna love it
Yeah, it's a looker...the one they had in the Burt Orange at the bike show in Dec. was the highlight/discovery of the day for both me and my buddy. Prob. one of the better values for your money as far as BMW goes. It just seemed like it would so comfortable but the layout allowed for varying your body position between sporty to straight up touring (assuming your body also allows it!)

Sold my 2007 F800ST to another friend ... she is so excited to get riding. The rear axle issue was fully replaced and I was able to get BMW Canada to pay for half of it ... huge issue with these bikes in 2007. Anyway, I graduated to a new 2012 K1300S last August ... absolutely amazing bike ... it the perfect sport/tour bike. Did a bunch of stuff to make it work for me (lowered, didn't lose the ESA, pazzos, sargent seat, custom paint, carbon fibre etc etc).

Just can't get enough of riding it. Been out 5 times so far this spring (if you can call it spring), out again tomorrow (playing hooky) ... I'm almost at 7k on it so far ... this bike is way too much fun and I just can't get enough of it :thumbup::happy7: Hope to meet up with some fellow beemers over the summer

View attachment 31880

Beautiful. I have the black version and just got back from Deals Gap. This bike does not disappoint!

Hey Vickie

Did you get your lowering done at John Sharrard's shop? I was admiring a K1300S in there earlier this year that he was working on.
John did my F800ST suspension.

Yes I did ... hope you didn't look to close cause she was naked !!!!!

John did a great job. I asked if he could possibly lower it 2" ... couldn't believe that he was able to do it and keep the ESA for me. Outstanding job, my feet are finally flat on the ground. Such a first for me. Just can't go over little speed bumps !!!!!

View attachment 31880

The bike is a missile. Do yourself a favour and swap out that exhaust can and really listen to the engine sing.;)

Ole Beemers
pls pm if F800ST 2009 - 2012 Factory Lowered is for sale. Gratz

The bike is a missile. Do yourself a favour and swap out that exhaust can and really listen to the engine sing.;)

Well, I must be getting old, seriously !!! ... used to have all kinds of aftermarket exhaust systems on previous bikes (from the old Supertraps to Zards etc etc). Now ... I like it quiet. The police don't hear me before I get to where they are sitting ... my ears don't ring anymore ... and my wallet still has money in it !!!

WOW ... I must be getting old !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I did ... hope you didn't look to close cause she was naked !!!!!

John did a great job. I asked if he could possibly lower it 2" ... couldn't believe that he was able to do it and keep the ESA for me. Outstanding job, my feet are finally flat on the ground. Such a first for me. Just can't go over little speed bumps !!!!!

Naked !!! and here I thought my drooling was only because of her 175 hp...LOL

I tested one at Mosport a few years ago...probably my next street bike...how do you find the weight compared to your F800ST?

Naked !!! and here I thought my drooling was only because of her 175 hp...LOL

I tested one at Mosport a few years ago...probably my next street bike...how do you find the weight compared to your F800ST?

Not bad at all since its been lowered. Definitely heavier, but it's so well centered I don't have any issues (most of the time). Besides that's what men are for ... If I'm stuck and can't push back, I just ask for a push !!! :lmao:

Not bad at all since its been lowered. Definitely heavier, but it's so well centered I don't have any issues (most of the time). Besides that's what men are for ... If I'm stuck and can't push back, I just ask for a push !!! :lmao:

You know I've had some girls ask me that question...now I will have an answer;)

Yeah, it's a looker...the one they had in the Burt Orange at the bike show in Dec. was the highlight/discovery of the day for both me and my buddy. Prob. one of the better values for your money as far as BMW goes. It just seemed like it would so comfortable but the layout allowed for varying your body position between sporty to straight up touring (assuming your body also allows it!)

Is it the same Orange that the 09/10 K1300S came in?

Back
Top Bottom