Baking during Corona | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Baking during Corona

I made banana bread because a load of bananas started to get a bit ripe. I used buckwheat flour and all purpose flour and it turned out really well. So well that the wife keeps pestering me to make it again.

I really like cornbread but haven’t ever made it. That’s next.

The sourdough is something on my list but I read that to get the crust just right you need to bake it inside a Dutch oven. Is that right?

I don't mind a banana bread but what turns me off is that my mother would preface making it by saying "Look a those rotting bananas, I'll make a banana loaf." So basically, how to get your kids to eat rotting produce.

Love a crumpet - pm me a recipe please?

I get a lot of my recipes from YouTube and of course every poster has the best recipe.

This is the one I followed but I think results could be better. While YouTube is better than a book IMO nothing beats having an expert critiquing your work.

My first batch was good but too salty and the mix was too thick IMO for the bubbles to come through so they ended up looking more like a pancake (No holes to fill with butter). It takes experience to get the pan heat right.

I did a second batch but only did half quantities. I reduced the salt and increased the milk and it was better but I think a touch of sugar would make the yeast work better so I may try another of the YouTube videos. Some also add baking soda.

You need a frying pan and crumpet rings for the cooking but I used a couple of small spring form pans without the bottoms and they worked Ok. I got an extra hug from the Mrs by also using a heart shaped metal cookie cutter.

Nothing fills a house with nice smells better than banana bread.
868c4yC.jpg

That looks really good @Wingboy.

Two smaller loaves of sourdough bread this morning at ours. One is cranberry pumpkin seed, and the other is cinnamon raisin.

430169abe259b4ed9bdc01c190f55fd5.jpg

514fbf2e508338554299831781a520cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost mistook you for @kwtoxman
that looks really good

I got baked a few times... does that count?

Going for pizza tonite.Made my dough last nite.
R7AkjOH.jpg

EtuqXRA.jpg

I got back in the kitchen today. Made beef bourguignon for dinner and a garlic, dill, mushroom sauce for tomorrows. While they were cooking I experimented with a new crumpet recipe, threw in some asiago and black pepper. Not bad.

Made my first loaf of bread a week or so ago.

We picked a puffball, and made puffball parmigiana the first day, and then used the rest for a nice puffball soup. There's a really good crop this year.

We don't exchange gifts at Xmas.But i think my kids felt funny about us buying three Stacyc's.So this showed up under our tree.
Sweet butter rolls.Sooo good!
bzocFsY.jpg

RwZfion.jpg

Came downstairs yesterday morning to two loaves of bread and four baguettes . The baking has been steady at our house.

The three weekends leading up to Christmas my wife baked between 30 and 40 loaves in exchange for donations to Food4Kids Halton. We collected 300 lbs of food for the organization thanks to the generosity of our friends .

ad3aaa6a198dce83050d30caa10330dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom