Anyone here a cyclist? | Page 63 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone here a cyclist?

The old forged PW-3 were the best. It's pricey, though.

1741.jpg
It wasn't even that one, a PW-5 or whatever was the equivalent back then.

For the majority of people, tire levers (or even a bead jack if the tire rim combo is difficult or hands are old), patch kit and a good set of allen keys covers most of what you will be doing. Maybe a good set of those for home use and some in a bike tool for on the road repairs. Next is cable and housing cutters (I like Pedro's) and a good crimper if/when it comes time to recable the bike. A bike repair stand does make servicing and cleaning way easier. A good bike cleaning kit is what you are missing (the various brushes make life so much easier) including a chain cleaner is also a good idea.

Maybe some good spoke wrenches to do minor truing.

Master link pliers or chain rivet tool, that depends if the chain has a master link or is riveted and/or will you be working on other bikes. For just your bike you do not need both today as it will be one or the other. Many bike multi-tools come with a rivet tool. If you ride it a lot a chain measuring tool is maybe a good idea in the future to deal with the chain before you need to replace the entire DT.

There are endless bike tools as many things are bicycle specific and some are group set brand specific. Many of these would be buy it only when you need them...

It think it is unlikely you will need a cassette tool or chain whip as what are the odds you will ever need to change them. Same with bottom bracket tool(s) and crank remover. Cone wrenches are likely not needed as my guess is you will never need to service the wheel bearings. Pedal wrench if maybe you intend to change pedals at some point but a 15mm decent wrench usually works (more on this below). The list goes on, buy only if you need unless you just like buying tools...

Get decent quality as there is some crap out there.

On the pedal wrench... a buddy had an old bike and the pedals were seized (aluminum cranks, steel pedal axle). We actually broke the jaws on my Snap-On 15mm (yes we were going the right way). He then bought the Park stamped pedal wrench, I said no way that is stronger.... well I was wrong. I now use a pedal wrench...

Cheers. I figured I may want to try my hand at swapping out wheels and tires at some point but that’s down the line. Having a motorbike makes looking at pedal bike stuff more palatable. My buddy says things like “yeah, that part X for the pedal bike is so expensive” but after having shelled out $xx for specialty bolts and fittings for the KTM it’s actually quite refreshing. I don’t think I’ll be springing for competition carbon fibre wheels anytime soon though. The prices of saddles (not counting the carbon fibre road bike ones) is totally reasonable for instance.

Some of the tools seem a bit spendy but the Park tools and Pedro’s seem to have good reviews.

I used a very similar Campy kit (looks identical) many years ago when I worked at Sweet Pete's. It's a really, REALLY nice tool set.

I have a bunch of Campy and VAR (France) tools in my box. They are a level above even the older Park stuff made back before Howard died.

Number 1 of my Top 15 Mountain Bike Trail Systems in Southern Ontario - The Hydrocut!!​

Thinking about taking the family there. Hope my Canadain Tire Super Cycle will be up to it!

Number 1 of my Top 15 Mountain Bike Trail Systems in Southern Ontario - The Hydrocut!!​

Thinking about taking the family there. Hope my Canadain Tire Super Cycle will be up to it!
Normally the cheaper bikes are harder to break than more expensive bikes. Lots more weight though so less fun to ride. Looks like a fun place to ride. For the most part, I don't like driving to places to ride. I have always lived within about 10km of trails so warmup/cooldown has a bit more speed and wind.

Would love to take my Dragonfly there.(5 min drive) I asked if it would be ok on the fb page. Deleted.

Angry Bees.

@Wingboy - check the signage at the trailheads. MTB FB pages can be "difficult" to outsiders that don't know the secret handshake. Locals Only issues abound.

Went over to the trailhead once. It's a Starbucks/Spandex crowd. Didn't know the secret handshake.
It wasn't that many years ago that hydrocuts were off limits to anyone.
What changed?

Went over to the trailhead once. It's a Starbucks/Spandex crowd. Didn't know the secret handshake.
It wasn't that many years ago that hydrocuts were off limits to anyone.
What changed?
Not sure anything changed just enforcement stopped

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom